ISP---Anyone Back Yet in 2005?

JohnQ

Just wondering if anyone is back yet from ISP? Seems like there should have been several ships in already, and someone usually posts as soon as they get back? Lots of people wondering about new whalewatching catamaran? How big? How many people does it hold? How many tours a day on nb or sb stops?

Bear tours starting already? Any sitings? Any new changes for this season? Koo Hook seems to be busy as do the rest of the regular Hoonah posters!!

John: I do not know when you need this info but I am going to be at Icy Strait next Thursday June 2.We leave this Sat. from S.F. round trip but won't be back until June 9. I can see what I find out. I know I am looking forward to meeting Koo Hook after meeting him on this board.

Marilyn

We were there last week - I thought it was a truly beautiful spot. We did not do the whale watching or talk to anyone who did so I can't answer that question. As to the bears, my husband uses a guide dog and we were scheduled for the nature tram ride. They contacted the ship and told us not to bring the dog because of the number of bears they were seeing. We did not end up seeing any, but I would recommend the tram ride as very informative and beautiful. We talked to several people who live in Hoonah and talk about running into bears as a part of everyday life.

I really liked the shops they have there. I found the merchandise to be good quality, and not just the same souvenirs you see everywhere else. The dining is pretty much not existent so eat on the ship.

Several people we knew went into Hoonah and said there's not much to do there.

All in all, I thought it was a great port and would like to return.

Archived