Boarding Time

HappyTvlr

Just got my cruise documents..WOO HOO! I'm just curious about the suggested boarding time. The cruise is scheduled to depart at 430PM, and the docs suggest boarding no earlier than 130PM. This is only my second Celebrity cruise, but last time we boarded at 1230 for a 6PM departure. On that cruise (Dec 2011) we were not given a suggested boarding time and just decided to head to the ship to give it a try, and it worked out well. Our rooms were not ready until 1PM, but we just had light hand luggage and headed lunch. I will note that A LOT of folks were already onboard, and we glided through check in quickly. I'm just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, and if so were you able to board earlier?

We usually arrive at the pier around 11:00AM to 11:30AM. Turn in our luggage and head to the arrivals hall. There is a short wait, we pass security and get in line to be processed. Sometimes you pass security just before you go on the ship. We are usually on board by noon and eat a buffet lunch. The rooms are ready about 1:00PM-1:30PM.

I have always been able to get on board around 11:45. Only once due to weather was this ever delayed (until about 1:30). I have always gotten to eat before the rooms opened around 1 pm.

I arrive at the port between 11-11:30 am. I may have to wait in a holding area after check-in and security are done. Sometimes we are given numbers and you wait for your number is called before you get in line to actually board the ship but most time I'm in near the front of the line now so very little wait time for me.

Archived