Contents of Fridge?

ibrinn

After reading all the helpful info on these boards, I could not find the answer to my question

What is in the fridge in an aft suite (Sky) when we first get to our cabin?

We are sailing early November and are compiling our list of requests for the pre-concierge.

Should we have the fridge emptied before we arrive?

Thanks

Typically, canned soft drinks, beer, wine splits, booze miniiatures, asst'd nibbles.

Your call as to removing contents. If you are bringing water, soft drinks or medicines, you may want it emptied. Most of the time, I look inside, shut the door and forget about it.

THe refridge is stocked with all the usual mini bar items you would find in a hotel. All you need to do is ask your room steward to empty it for you when he/she gts a chnace. They are a bit busy on the first evening, so you might have to remind them. Or....I always just empty it myself, putting the items in one of the drawers. I then tell the room steward that I have done so and where to find them when time to restock. No need to plan ahead though. It is only about a one minute issue.

You can request of the pre- cruise concierge make sure it is empty before you board. If its not as posted you can have the room steward remove the contents. I would never remove things myself with too many cases of passengers getting charge for mini bar items post cruise when they do. Who knows if they forgot to replace items or the inventory was short to start with. Make it somebody else's problem.

Sometimes it depends on exactly what level of suite you are sailing in. Owner's Suites and higher typically have nothing in the fridge, except for a few included waters, maybe a few sodas. In those cases, the butler will ask you what you would like stocked in your fridge after you embark. Not sure if the Hawaiian sailings have liquor included in those upper suites (I know they do not pre-sell bar setup due to local laws, so maybe they also do not include the "free" bottles in OS and above?), so perhaps those *might* have minibar items... I wouldn't bother to have it pre-emptied even in am lower level suite - you can do it yourself or ask your butler, takes only a minute or two...

Robin

After reading all the helpful info on these boards, I could not find the answer to my question

What is in the fridge in an aft suite (Sky) when we first get to our cabin?

We are sailing early November and are compiling our list of requests for the pre-concierge.

Should we have the fridge emptied before we arrive?

Thanks

Once you get to your cabin, you can let the butler know that you would like the items in the refrigerator removed. He will have them removed and then you can fill it to your hearts content with whatever you want.

Here's the price list for the mini-bar from my Gem cruise in Jan 2012 (mini-suite, not full suite). As others have noted, some suite fridges are not stocked, but this list will give you an idea of what to expect if yours is stocked.

IMG_4154.jpg

Archived