Do Platinum cruisers get better VGT on Fantasy

bsddsc

I am a Platinum cruiser who booked a guaranteed veranda VGT for ourselves and another couple for the 04-Nov-2012 Fantasy cruise. In others experience, does being a Platinum member get you a better room or just a veranda?

I am interested in people who have cruised on the Dream and Fantasy as they have different rooms than the other 2 ships. We sailed on the Dream last year and booked a Family sized veranda. I have to say, it was a great upgrade but couldn't afford it this year. Just getting antsy waiting for my room assignment. Thanks all....

I am waiting for our GTY Verandah room on the Fantasy too.

We were told they would be assigned approximately 1 month prior to our cruise or if you book close to the cruise date it would be about 2 weeks after booking.

The end of this week will be 2 weeks after we booked and we are going on the 11/24 sailing so either way we should know soon.

I checked on line this morning and still no room number.

In the past when we were Platinum memebers and booked a GTY room it didnt make any difference in an upgrade when we got one.

Once hubby asked how they determined the upgrades and all he was told is it is done at random. Whether that is correct or they just didnt want to tell us I dont know.

Hope you get a great room.

Kathy

While I've never booked a GT or *GT on the new ships, I've done it on Magic and Wonder. As a Platinum cruiser, I have gotten exactly the category I booked, no upgrade. On Wonder, before I was Platinum, I got an upgrade--from what is now an 11C (the old CAT 12) to an 11 B.

It really seems to be just random. Being Platinum doesn't help at all with GTY rooms.

Beth

I am gold status, sailing 12/8/12 on the Fantasy. Got our room assignment yesterday. We booked a regular old guarantee 9C (not OGT) and were pixie dusted into a 5A !!! woah! While we've received an upgrade twice prior, THIS one is the best by far!

well, to answer my own question, being Platinum did not give us an upgrade in room status on a Guarentee Veranda booking.

In fact, we got back of ship, under Cabanas with what I believe to be a slightly obstructed veranda view.

Guess we'll just have to see if we can change rooms at checkin at the port. All the veranda rooms are nice and we did get what we paid for. I had just heard so many people who travel multiple times tend to get a better room than what they paid for. I was hoping we would too.

I am still excited to cruise anyway :cool:

Archived