Displaying Carnival Pins

rlkubi

If you are talking about a display at home, we collect pins from all of our traveling and display them on a pre-stretched artist canvas. It's just canvas on a wooden frame but having the frame allows you to put the back on the pin (as opposed to sticking it onto a cork board).

I decorated the canvas with colored ribbon around the edge and painted some wooden letters that spell out "Our Travels" and glued them across the top of the canvas. It's hung up in our office at home.

I have them on a baseball cap from Carnival Victory, our first cruise. Although we have repeated ships, I only use one pin per ship. Of course, with the size of the new Platinum pins DH says I'm going to risk breaking my neck with the weight of the pins if we do a few more cruises.:p

Edited by nybumpkin

DH has a "cruise hat" (Panama Jack style) that is mesh and he pins his on there. It looks neat and is a great conversation starter. That hat goes on his head the morning of embarkation and gets taken off when loading the car to go home. Otherwise he wears it just about everywhere with the exceptions being the MDR or steak house. I have my Behind The Fun ball cap (that I rarely wear) and have them pinned on the bill.

Mine are pinned to the side of my beach bag. To me they are just a fun accessory and not a piece of art to be displayed. But I understand those who collect them being shocked at those of us who casualy pin them and wear them. You just have to figure that everyone that wears theirs on a hat, lanyard, bag, cooler, tote or whatever makes the others that are babied and displayed just a little bit more valuable.

If I wore them on the ship, I really would have a difficult time getting anyone to cruise with me! I know DD wouldn't be seen with me if I stuck them on a lanyard and had them on display the whole cruise.

And I personally cannot see that anyone would "collect" these things. Mine are all tossed in a drawer along with my S&S cards.

I'm just not a souvenir type of person. I don't buy t-shirt to advertise where I've been on my travels. I feel no need to show the world how many ships I've sailed or what islands I've visited.

Maybe I can sell mine on eBay along with my #1 luggage tags! :p

NC, I want a display for them for my home so that I can remember where I've been. It's not to brag or anything. It doesn't bother me when people wear them - that's what they enjoy!

If you truly don't want your pins, you could email jrnolandpi@mindspring.com . JR helps people get pins that they are missing in their collection.

Edited by rlkubi

I have a shelf in my garage with a picture of each ship we've been on. Under the picture is a model of the ship. On the lower left hand side of the picture frame, I drilled a small hole and pushed the pin into the frame. If you look real close in this picture, you can see the pins. http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2833754260030186251opXdTY