Park and Cruise at Disney Resorts

cruzlover

I posted this question on the Homeports Board but thought I might get a better response here on the Disney boards.

We are driving from Largo and not sure whether to stay overnight at a Disney resort (on DVC points) or drive directly to the port. Trying to figure out the costs associated with each option.

Does Disney offer a park and cruise package at their resorts? What is the cost of Disney transportation to the pier and back?

Thanks for your input!

Something to consider is staying at a hotel in Cocoa Beach, rather than at Disney. Some hotels offer "stay and sail" specials where you can keep your car at the hotel and for a small cost, they will shuttle you to the Port.

We are staying at the Double Tree in Cocoa Beach before our cruise in a couple of weeks. Its only $5 per person each way for their shuttle. To save time and money, my husband will drive me and another couple over to the port so we can check in early. Then he'll go back to the hotel for the shuttle service.

Parking at the port is $15 per day. And I have heard Disney's shuttle service is also quite expensive and you are tied to their schedule, not your own.

Hey, I see you were on the Mariner of the Seas the same month we were in 2007, just a different cruise. What did you think of the food? For us, it was the worst food, the worst service we have had on any cruise.

The ship itself was beautiful, we had a mini-suite and loved it. But would never go back.

From your signature, I see you have been on several cruise lines. Disney's dinners are much more fun. Most cruise lines are rather polite and formal at dinner. To us, they were very boring. Some people love that and those people may not like the laid back and entertaining atmoshpere of Disney. But I really hope you enjoy DCL. Have fun.

You will not be able to park your car at a Disney resort during your cruise. Your best option is to stay at one of the Port Canaveral hotels the offer you to park there, with a one night stay. Transfers to/from WDW is $70 per person round trip.

Archived