Celebrity, please keep Century in the fleet!

elena7seas

Dear Celebrity, and Mr. Michael Bayley:

I recently returned from my first sailing on the Celebrity Century. After sailing on most of the other Celebrity ships, I wasn't sure what to expect on the older, smaller Century, but I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. I thoroughly enjoyed the ship, and would be happy to sail her again, especially if she did a few more creative itineraries from the west coast ports. And I would also love to sail her up or down the eastern seaboard, going into some of those very interesting but less-frequented ports.

Please don't sell her! Certainly, she needs a little of the TLC that has been lavished on the Millennium class ships. But she has a terrific crew and "great bones", and deserves to be a full member of the Celebrity family, with all that that entails.

And could I ask you to please consider scheduling some creative 10-12 day itineraries? Those 4- and 5-day cruises are so hard on a ship, and are just not my favourite type of cruise experience. If you have to do a series of 7-day cruises, could you vary the ports on alternate cruises so that we could do back-to-backs? That would be so appreciated.

There is a lot of speculation, both aboard the ship, and here on Cruise Critic, as to what will happen with Century in the future. I, for one, hope to hear confirmation soon that she will continue to be part of the Celebrity fleet for the foreseeable future.

Archived