Beverage Card - Wine Navigator Package?

cigloo

I am wondering what kind of discount you get, if any, by ordering the Navigator or Admiral wine package? Do you save any money, or is it just as cheap to order individual bottles of wine on board?

Yes, it is discounted over the per-bottle price. And, if you're a 3* or 4* Mariner, there's an additional discount - which really makes it worthwhile.

Just be careful that you get your own beverage card back......on 2 different occasions/HAL ships we have had someone else's returned to us. The second time it was no problem, as we NOW CHECK IMMEDIATELY! The first time, we didn't notice til the next day and several drinks had been charged to ours which caused a lot of confusion.

In my opinion, this is the advantage of buying ahead of time.... when you do this, your name is printed on the card. Otherwise, make sure you take your Sharpie and label for easy identification.

Barbara

Just be careful that you get your own beverage card back......on 2 different occasions/HAL ships we have had someone else's returned to us. The second time it was no problem' date=' as we NOW CHECK IMMEDIATELY! The first time, we didn't notice til the next day and several drinks had been charged to ours which caused a lot of confusion.

In my opinion, this is the advantage of buying ahead of time.... when you do this, your name is printed on the card. Otherwise, make sure you take your Sharpie and label for easy identification.

Barbara[/quote']

We had 15 people in our pre-dinner cocktail group on my last cruise. The cocktail stewardess marked each of our cards with a strip of some sort of tape (thin masking? surgical?, and wrote our names on our cards.

Made life a lot easier for her, I'm sure, and better for us, too.

A great idea, that I'm guessing the various stewards will all catch on to quickly.

Hi' date=' Ruth...we were with you on the Hawaii....Fanning Island....Tahiti cruise last January. [/quote']

:confused: Me Ruth? Although I would love to meet you, Barbara, I didn't meet you on that cruise. I wasn't on it!

Maybe someday I'll gt back to that area of the world. And maybe someday we'll get to spend time together on the same ship!

Sorry, Ruth! Guess that is what comes of looking at your little tiny picture with these near-sighted eyes! There was a Ruth on our cruise, and looking at your photo I just assumed it was you.....

Anyway, I've enjoyed reading your many posts for a long time. Thanks for sharing all your good info!

Barbara

Archived