IE 2013 useful info "3" plus some nonsense.

Rebel Rouser

Well,,what a fantastic week we had didn't we:D I loved it, everywhere was new to me so that made it more interesting I suppose! Loved Morrocco, will have to go back and see a bit more of it. We went up into the Alpujarras mountain region from Motril and it was just beautiful.

The journey home was a pain though. East Midlands was closed all day due to a cargo plane having had a bit of a crash landing and being stuck on the runway. We waited a good 8 hours at Palma for a flight home to Manchester! Didn't find out about it until we got to the airport and were told to check in and go to the Thomson desk where they gave us a drinks voucher for 16euros and told us the bad news. We finally left about 4.30pm and arrived at Manchester to be told by staff to wait in the arrivals hall where there would be an announcement about our transfers back to East Mids. Not a Thomson rep in sight,,and a good hour later with around 200 people all still hanging around some airport staff must have decided to see what was wrong and we then discovered we were in the wrong place and should have been up in the departure areas where the coaches were going round and round waiting for us all! Tempers frayed and people shouted at airport staff and it was a bit of a farce...particularly when some people were so determined to get on the first coach they were pushing and shoving everyone out the way. We should have been home by lunchtime but it was just after 10pm when we finally pulled on the drive! I think East Mids, which is just 10 mins away for me has re-opened this afternoon. An annoying end to an otherwise fabulous holiday,,but at least no-one was badly hurt in that plane crash.

RR,,glad your dad is ok! My M-I-L is sort of ok,,in a poor form but not as bad as she was.

A bit of a tip. I accidentally threw my e-tickets and boarding cards in the bin on the last night while we were packing. We went for dinner and by the time we came back the steward had been in and taken the rubbish away. I wish they would keep away while we are packing but next time we will put the do not disturb sign on the door. The tip is to save your e-tickets onto your phone or tablet in a pdf format then reception can print them off for you. This was easy but before they did this they gave us the runaround as you can't access the internet onboard on the day of departure and we were told us to go off ship to find wifi and send them as an attachment on an email. Needless to say that when we got back they said they didn't get the email, then the man on reception took the tablet and printed them for us straight away. I was not best pleased as I knew what to do but getting them to do it is the difficult bit, no Thomson staff to be seen of course. Don't forget to take the usb lead.

Jan

Mrs Stevio has Two copies of the E tickets, I normally print off a third which is kept separately, in my hand luggage... copies of pdf files & E-mail links are on netbook & backup USB along with insurance details, passport detail copies, etc etc... Dosen't sound too much like obsessive behaviour does it? :o

What we do like to do however, is to print the E ticket as a booklet & get it as small as possible. Last time we were approaching passport size, this year we are going for postage stamp. :D

What we do like to do however, is to print the E ticket as a booklet & get it as small as possible. Last time we were approaching passport size, this year we are going for postage stamp. :D

That's a good idea, I must get my superstrength reading glasses out.:D:D

Jan

What an awful end to your holiday Cappers AND to be stuck at Palma as well. We could have come to rescue you from Manchester as we only live 10 minutes away. Glad to hear your MIL is still hanging in there, it must have been a worry. What terrible timing.:)

Jan

Sorry you had such an awful time getting home Cappers. I can sympathise with you over your M-I-L and also RR and his Dad. We had the same problem a few years ago with my Mum and M-I-L. We used to heave a sigh of relief when we got on the plane - terrible aren't we? but M-I-L ALWAYS came up with some crisis the day before we went away :rolleyes:

I've just been catching up on our return home and I see my predictive text on my phone changed Cappers to Campers!!! I know I liken the cabins to caravans but that was going a bit far...:)

sorry to hear about your horrific journey home Cappers....we did know that one flight was delayed from the incoming passengers who were also late.....our flight was just 40 mins late due to two passengers not turning up for the flight although they had checked in and bags were on the plane....they had to be offloaded and then we missed our slot....apart from grizzling children close to us on the plane it was a good flight home.

The ship was definitely busier and noisier the second week and more difficult to find a sun bed....the serving of food only lasted 3 days so was not too painful....the shows and guest artistes were just as good the second week although I did feel the second weekers missed out on not seeing Ross in his Hairspray cameo !!!!! makes me laugh just thinking about it!!

Daniella and Benjamin sang 'Barcelona' (beautifully of course)in one show and I thought 'wouldn't that have been lovely for them to sing it out on deck as we left Barcelona in the sunshine?' :)

I woke up with a sore throat this morning and seem to have developed a cold as the day has gone on so am off to bed with a couple of paracetamol....:(

I caught a cold on the plane home from a horrible man sat next to me. Luckily it stopped suddenly after four days, then my husband caught it but that seems to have clear up after the same length of time. Fingers crossed that yours does the same.:):)

Jan

Didn't you catch a cold last time you went? :)

I catch a cold EVERY time I go, last time it was the coughing virus on the Majesty. A whole month of misery from that one but, as usual, no one ever catches a bug on the ship as they all bring it onboard with them. Ahem!:eek: Funny how I've never heard that distinctive cough anywhere I've been apart from onboard the Majesty. But I'm not bitter, lol.:D:D

So, has anyone got anything nice booked for the summer?

Jan

2 weeks for my 60th :D

With the brilliant Mallorcachap and Mallorcachapess :D

:D:D Finally, revenge will be mine after all the stick I got. What is the exact date? Just wondered.;)

Jan

It's easy...trust me ;)

County fingers! got the 2nd day, got the 2nd week, didn't get the 3rd cruise. You've done one, got the other on your countdown clock, have you got a secret one?:confused: But then, I am suffering from lack of sleep. Down to 2 hours a night.

Jan

Edited by ekco

I'm on for 2 weeks so that's 3 this year...now I have made it to easy for you :D

Myself, I would call 2 weeks one cruise not two. Still, whatever rocks your boat, lol. Finally the rain has stopped and the sun is out today. I'm booking stopovers around our Commonwealth Games trip, the tickets should be here within the week for that.:)

Jan

Just to be awkward... What if you do two separate cruises with identical itineraries? Is that one cruise or two? :confused:

This is turning into a pub quiz, lol. A fortnights cruise with two itineraries equals one cruise to me. You don't leave with your cases after one week then get back on again. If I do a two resort holiday is that one holiday or two? One I think.:confused::confused:

Jan