San Juan - car rental

cpayne

We will be sailing Princess Golden 11/5 out of San Juan. We'll be coming in a day early and would like to rent a car and travel to the Rain Forest. Does anyone know whether there is a car rental agency located near the ship terminal or are my only options at the airport?

As above poster mentioned about charley's. If you are staying in a hotel near Condado, some car rentals will pick you up at hotel and drop you off at the hotel. Other ones will only take you from airport to their rental and then back to the airport. I did see some rentals that said they would pick up and drop off at local hotels. But don't know which ones. I know Thrifty doesn't and they had so many people waiting for their cars it took an hour to get our car and the people ahead of us said they had been waiting for hour and a half.

I rented a car a few years back in San Juan and as I recall, it wasn't far from the airport. I don't remember, but I thought it was Avis. One caution...those people drive really bad down there. They will cross 3 lanes and cut you off to make a left turn. We stayed at the then "Sands" next to the El San Juan hotel on the beach and you can book the Rain Forrest Tour at the hotel...I believe it is like a 4 hour deal. I personally would never rent another car there. I have been back several times and stayed in the same area on the beach and took a cap to Old San Juan. Just my 2 cents worth.

Archived