So excited!! (But have a few ?'s)

madeleinedaichou

My mom, daughter, and I are due to set sail on Dec 9th on the Dawn. We have cruised her twice before, and also on the Sun and the Pearl. We usually stay in balconies, and once in a mini-suite.

I just recently came into some unexpected money, and I've decided to upgrade us to a suite...I'm stuck between a family balcony suite or a penthouse suite. They are about the same price. My daughter is 3, almost 4, if this makes any difference.

Is there one type of room you would recommend over the other?

Also, we get breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, right? I'm really looking forward to this!!

Congrats on the upgrade. I'm sure you would have a great time in a suite no matter what. I like the idea of the family suite because the bathroom is larger and because they are newer cabins. But, I must say that having an aft-balcony is amazing and if you have never done that and can get an aft penthouse I might go for that.

As for suite perks, you definitely get breakfast and lunch in Cagney's. I found it so relaxing on my Spirit cruise to go there for breakfast. There were barely any people there! The food was fresh, fast and tasted very good!

Have a great cruise!

I would get the 2bdrm suite nothing beats having an extra bathroom and a living room and the bathroom is amazing. I feel the penthouse suites are just large balcony cabins, they do have a curtain to seprate the bed from the couch/bed however if there are 3 of you even if she is young3/4 you and your daughter can share the smaller bedroom or you can have the bigger bedroom. The main bedroom is a big queen or king not sure I have had these suites and I just feel the bed is huge, just think the 3 of you can have a slumber party in the main bedroom watch a movie and have a blast. I also think when you have little ones bring some dvd's they don't take any room to pack and their dvd library is a little older. Not only do you get Cagneys but early entrance to the chocolate buffet which I am sure your daughter would love. If you have extra money go for the 2bdrm. Butlers and room stewards love kids and treat them great enjoy

My mom, daughter, and I are due to set sail on Dec 9th on the Dawn. We have cruised her twice before, and also on the Sun and the Pearl. We usually stay in balconies, and once in a mini-suite.

I just recently came into some unexpected money, and I've decided to upgrade us to a suite...I'm stuck between a family balcony suite or a penthouse suite. They are about the same price. My daughter is 3, almost 4, if this makes any difference.

Is there one type of room you would recommend over the other?

Also, we get breakfast and lunch in Cagney's, right? I'm really looking forward to this!!

We are in a family balcony suite (SD) on the Dec 9 Dawn sailing too. We were just in the SJ suite on the Star which is the same as the SD only without a balcony. I would definately opt for the SD or a SJ. You, your mom and your daughter can all have your own beds if you want. You can also divide the room into seperate areas for privacy. The way the bathroom is set up you and your mom could both get ready (one in bath and one in shower) if your daughter is napping. You also have double sinks in there. These suites are very convenient to the buffet and pool areas too.

Stop by our roll call to talk to others that will be on the same sailing as you. You will find the link after my signature.....make sure you click on the Dec 9th one and not the Dec 2 one or you will end up on the wrong rollcall.

Here are a few photos of the SJ on the Star - the SD will be very similar and also have a huge balcony.

P1030766.JPG

P1030770.JPG

P1030771.JPG

P1030772.JPG

Archived