St. Thomas with a 2-year-old

jimbug

Help! I've been here twice before, and let me tell you...planning a cruise with a toddler is FAR different from planning a cruise with a bunch of 20-something friends! ;)

Anyway, I keep going back and forth between booking a day sail on a toddler-friendly boat (probably New Horizons since she would be free...most of the boats charge full price, $100+, for her)....or going to Coki Beach and spending the day there. We could take her to Coral World, and I could do Snuba there, which I enjoyed the last time I was in St. Thomas. I wasn't terribly impressed with Coral World last time, but the kiddo would probably enjoy it.

Thoughts? Is a daysail too much for a 2-yr-old? She's really easygoing and adaptable, but I wonder how much she would enjoy sailing around all day.

Any other suggestions for us to do during our day there? Most of the Carnival excursions have a minimum age that she doesn't meet, so we need to do something on our own.

I forgot to mention that we will be bringing her own life jacket. I am thinking about compromising with a shorter day sail (4-5 hrs) that has a couple of beach stops, so we will all get what we want...beach for her, sailing for Mom, and yummy food onboard!

I think you are right on with Coral World and Coki. Coral World has good bathrooms etc and you can go there, then go to the beach then go back for more if you want. It is nice to have good facilities nearby. Since there are so many fish so close to shore on Coki, have you thought about getting her a blowup floaty mat that she can look thru to see the fish? She would love to see the huge iguanas that hang out near there.

Archived