Reef and Wreck Snorkel Tour

seashell36

I am trying to plan DH & my excursion in GC. I am particularly interested in the reef and wreck snorkel tour. I did a search of the GC threads and only found a couple of threads - all questions, not much feedback. Has anyone done the snorkel tour? If so, what do you think. We are supposed to dock at 7am and the tour starts at 7:45 - will this give us enough time to tender in? I like this tour because it would give us enough time to go buy rum and rum cakes!:D Thanks in advance for all input!

We did this tour several years ago. If I am remembering correctly, you will have plenty of time to tender in. The snorkeling is very close to shore and was fairly close to the ship, but it was very good snorkeling with lots to see. It was one of our favorite snorkeling tours.

• 3 months later...

We are going to be at GC in October and really want to do some snorkling but have no interest in the Rays and this one looked great with the wreck but my question is the whole excursion is only 2.5 hours and you are stopping at two locations.

Do you get a lot of time to snorkle at both spots?

Personally I wish there was a single site snorkling trip available that wasn't to see the Rays.

HI- due to change from the hurricane we changed ships and are now going to Grand Caymans and don't know that much about the excursions. Feel a little rushed as we are going in late October. My question is I have heard that the Caymans can easily be cancelled due to weather and the problems with tendering, do most people still book independant excursions? We had independant excursions lined up on our other cruise and would rather have the small group factor. Has anyone had a problem getting their deposit back if they cannot tender? Any advise you can give is great and any recommendations for excrusions are also needed. thanks for your help.

Cherun-We booked privately. The one we booked with will issue a refund if our ship doesn't make it due to weather. I think most companies will do the same. We are first timers also. Hopefully we make it and don't have to deal with refunds. :) Good luck.

Archived