Rhapsody OTS Outside Cabin Question

Hello fellow CCers,

I am considering a cruise on the Rhapsody next year, and as I am not familiar with the ship, I have a couple of cabin category questions. Hoping you can help ...

1. We are looking at the cheapest outside cabin, a category I on deck 2. Looking at the website it seems that G, H and I are all similar cabins, but category F is a 'large' outside (not a balcony). What is the difference between the 'large' F cabin and the G/H/I cabins?

2. For those who have sailed Rhapsody, are there any outside cabins that should be avoided? ie, odd size, portholes instead of window, noisy, or any other minor or major irritation that might take the shine off the cruise? On the same line of questioning, are there any 'secret' cabins that are that little bit more special?

Thanks in advance for your feedback :)

Cheers,

Hi!

We sailed on Rhapsody last year. We had cabin 2050 (I think that's a catagory I) and it had a window not a porthole. Was a good sized cabin (tho we did have a slight problem with lining my wheelchair up with the doorway without banging it) and perfectly comfortable. We had no noise issue, except one night we heard some teens/kids running up and down the corridor but didnt bother us. It's also mid-ship and was pretty close to the elevators.

My brother-in-law and his family are going on Rhapsody and will be in one of the new cabins on deck 7. Not sure off hand what catagory it is (could be F) and it has a floor to ceiling window. Will be interesting to see what they have to say about it once they've done the cruise.

If you have a look on the RCCL site Carina it gives you the square footage of the categories of cabins on Rhapsody.

Some are smaller than the others. I think Deck 4 F Category is where the large ocean view cabins are.

You could always go for a ship's guarantee oceanview and you might be lucky enough to get an upgrade to a Balcony. :)

Jilly:)

Thanks for the replies, tillydog and Jilly.

Jilly, I did have a look at the website, and all four cabin types are listed as 151.8 sq ft (that is the F, G, H and I cabins), hence my confusion at the F cabins being labelled 'large ocean view', as opposed to the G/H/I cabins that are just labelled 'Ocean view'. I am starting to think there isn't much difference after all ...

Cheers,

Rhapsody has pretty standardised cabins really and there aren't that many surprises there. There are a couple with dual portholes at the very front of the ship down the bottom but then again these rooms are longer and wider than the standard oceanview, guess it's a part of the trade off.

The only rooms that are "special" on Rhapsody are the aft facing balcony cabins, especially the corner aft cabins notably rooms 8088 and 8588 as these have gigantic sized balconies that wrap right around the back of the ship up and alongside the room itself as well as being longer in depth.

Hope this helps :)

Archived