Disney, FOS and Tennessee Smoky Mountains - full review with pics

Tinkers70

I've read many reviews and this is in the top 3. Great job.

I did the same thing as you did. I couldn't find my cabin in them thar hills either. It made life interesting for awhile.

You know one cruise leads to another one so hope to see you doing another one soon.

I am so happy you enjoyed your visit here.

Thank you so much. I was a bit unsure how my review would gone down as i've read some fabulous reviews on this site. It's nice to have so much good feedback.

We will definitely be planning another cruise in the near future. I think we've caught the bug! lol

Loved your review! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

Lois

Thank you for reading. I've really enjoyed sharing my experience with everyone on this forum :)

Great review!!! So loved your review on the Smokies...We own three cabins outside of pigeon forge in Smoky Cove which is 7 minutes from the parkway, the main driving road thru Pigeon Forge.

We love Cades Cove and always make it a point to go ride thru the cove when we visit. We are heading down after thanksgiving to work on our large cabin. I hope you let the rental office know about the mattresses on the sleepers so that they can check them for the cabin owners. Sometimes inbetween our visits to check out our cabins for wear and tear...like going thru and replacing dishes and pots and pans and sometimes furniture! the only way we know something needs replaced or fixed is thru our guests telling our rental company!

Sitting in the hot tub at night in the Smokies is so so awesome...glad you enjoyed. We haven't been to Dollywood in a few years and plan on going to see Winterfest with all the Christmas lights this trip.

Thank you so so much for sharing your adventure with us. Love seeing the pictures of the Freedom. We have been on the Liberty of the Seas which is her sister ship. It was great hearing about your arrival into Cape Canaveral.

Take care and have a great holiday. Can't wait to enjoy your next review.

Thank you, since we have returned we have been looking into purchasing one of these cabins but haven't got a clue how to go about it and how to work out the maintenance costs etc.

Do you hire your cabins out? We might need another cabin to stay in if we ever go over and go through with this ;)

The Smokys truely is an awesome place

What a wonderful vacation you planned for your family. Thanks for bringing us along and sharing your trip with us - I really enjoyed your review.

Thank you for your kind words, it's been a pleasure :)

HELLO Tinkers 70! Had looked forward to this review for months and don't know how I missed it, but found it just today.

What a wonderful trip your family had. Sounded like your first cruise was a hit and your "cabin in the sky" in the Smoky's just blew me away.

Thank you so much for all of your beautiful pictures and taking the time to post so many details of your trip. LOVED IT!!

Awwww thank you so much Dreamer! I guess I haven't named it properly so a few people have not picked up that this is a review. My fault lol

Glad you enjoyed reading all about our trip, it was a fab trip to come home and write all about :)

Loved your review. We have sailed Freedom 3 times now and just love that classs of ship. Just for grins I plugged in the address of Sugar Maple Cabins into my GPS and it took me right there. I know this because the Google Earth picture of the place is the same as yours.

Maybe our GPS is different to your one? I'm not sure. I know back here in the UK that one GPS will take you directly to where you want to go and yet another one won't.

Maybe the software hadn't been updated or something? I'm not too sure :)

Thank you for sharing this fantastic trip with us! I'm happy you loved your stay in TN. We love Pigeon Forge/Sevierville/Gatlinburg.

Next time you go, be sure to visit the Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge. It's clean family fun, and the first time we went I laughed harder than I've ever laughed in my life! Big belly laughs the 2nd time, too!

We saw the Comedy Barn and was tempted to go but we just didn't have enough time.

It will definitely be on our list of things to do when we return.

Like you we totally loved this whole area, stunning scenery, lots to do and the people are sooooo friendly and made us all very welcome in their State :)

Archived