Qustions re neoRomantica

jonad

I am re posting a previous question i asked as i haven't yet had an answer. Does anybody know if the bathrooms are equipped with a magnifying mirror? The newer Costa ships normally do, but I have been caught out....(at my age i need it for makeup!!)

Also I read a post on here recently, but can't find it now, that there is NO show in the evenings. I know there is a Theatre, so what is it used for if there is no show. I hope this is wrong as we look forward to it each evening after dinner.

Hoping some neoRomantica cruiser can help.:confused:

I am re posting a previous question i asked as i haven't yet had an answer. Does anybody know if the bathrooms are equipped with a magnifying mirror? The newer Costa ships normally do, but I have been caught out....(at my age i need it for makeup!!)

Also I read a post on here recently, but can't find it now, that there is NO show in the evenings. I know there is a Theatre, so what is it used for if there is no show. I hope this is wrong as we look forward to it each evening after dinner.

Hoping some neoRomantica cruiser can help.:confused:

There is no theatre. If you are looking and seeing a theatre on a plan, you are looking at old deck plans. They took the theatre away during the re furb .

Instead - they have various "acts" which kind of tour the ship -

You wont get the style of productions you are used to before/after dinner on other ships.

The Grand Solero Bar is a huge lounge, most of the shows/acts are held there. I'm not a theatre lover so it suited us fine. We preferred the Vienna Lounge and the "Disco Tango" - great live music.

They have classical acts at the chocolate bar each evening.

But no - no theatre...

Hey Nadia.................I see you are off again - good one John.

Not pinching your thread - we finally booked a cruise - Dec 2013 Melb to NZ return on "another line" Dawn Princess. (Christmas & New Year) Going for cooler weather on this one - ALONE ;)- grand kids don't know we're going yet - haven't told them :eek:

Hey Dizzy, good to hear from you. Glad you've booked another cruise too, even if you've 'gone to the other side'....we're still loyal, maybe crazy, Costa cruisers.

Our last one was in May on the Victoria to China...which was great.

Blondie, thanks for your reply. Finally i know what's going on. Its a bit confusing as all the deck plans we've looked at said neoRomantica, but obviously they were Romantica.

My husband did a bit of research and found the attatched showing photos and explanations. It does agree with you about no big show as such. I can't seem to find the Solero Bar though. Did you mean the Piazza Italia Grand Bar?

Anyway it doesn't matter either way. I'm sure we'll be kept entertained. Thanks again for your reply.

http://www.castlesoftheseas.nl/neoromantica-tour.html

Blondie, thanks for your reply. Finally i know what's going on. Its a bit confusing as all the deck plans we've looked at said neoRomantica, but obviously they were Romantica.

My husband did a bit of research and found the attatched showing photos and explanations. It does agree with you about no big show as such. I can't seem to find the Solero Bar though. Did you mean the Piazza Italia Grand Bar?

Anyway it doesn't matter either way. I'm sure we'll be kept entertained. Thanks again for your reply.

http://www.castlesoftheseas.nl/neoromantica-tour.html

The Grand Bar is the main bar (confusing article says vienne is main) - it is HUGE - and most of the "shows" take place there, (maybe my memory is not serving me well was sure it was the grand solero bar:o) - The Vienne lounge is smaller - events do go on here - lots of really good live music - its beautiful.

The "Disco Tango" bar is actually early of an evening, a very classic place with a pianist and "Martinis". After 11pm it becomes a nightclub - but more suited to the 30s+ age group as opposed to the teens plus on nightclubs on other Costa ships.

Its a lovely ship to walk around pre dinner - different things happening in each area - very classic.

Hope you enjoy! I know we did and have booked to return in 2013.

Archived