Anyone Cruise in February???? Whats a good itinerary?

Hello-Kitty

i have only done one winter cruise that was the Mexican Riviera. I am going on my next w/ some friends that can only do February is that a good time?? And where should i go??

I do like it on the quieter side ( call me boring ) lol i just cant stand the spring breakers in the Spring months, ( too busy)

I have noticed my oct/nov and winter trips have been more quieter, is that true? Anyone notice that.

I need some suggestions, i would love a 10 day!!!! if the price is reasonable 7 day is just not enough lol lol.

i would LOVE to!!!!! but i am traveling w/ first time cruisers on a limited budget:cool: but if they decide not to go but choices are endless, its my 10 year anniversary and i havent done Hawaii yet so we will see

My first cruise was in the month of February. We noticed it being a big cool in the Bahamas but was fine by the time we reached St. Thomas and St. Croix. It is hard though to come back to snow after being in the Caribbean.

We did the Coral Princess r/t out of FLL for 10 day and did a partial transit of the Panama Canal. Absolutely wonderful and would do it again.

Marilyn

A 10-day Panama Canal cruise would be good. People with young kids don't usually go on cruises more than 7 days during the school year. If you can get to Tahiti, that's a good time to go as well. We did a 7-day on the Grand once in January and it was very quiet. Any time before spring break begins is good.

We did the Southern Caribbean in Feb 04 and the weather was outstanding...well, except for San Juan where it rained like crazy the night we got back. All the other islands were outstanding.

ssbeagle~ Tahiti sounds awesome!!!!!!! but $$$$ wonder if my friends can swing it. I have been searching all day for fares, lol

One time we went to Tahiti in February and the second time we went in November during the low season. We got a fantastic price on the 10-day cruise for a minisuite in November. Our travel agent let us know when the prices went down. We used Princess air from LAX and booked our own to LAX from Florida. It worked out cheaper that way. Unfortunately, the air costs about as much as the cruise.

Another idea is look for a repositioning cruise if you can spare the time. Fares really go down for most of those and you usually have a nice cruise that way.

Since you live in New Jersey, you should consider a February cruise out of New York Harbor. You won't have to fly anywhere and you can save the price of the flight and put it towards your cruise expenses. So far, NCL's Norwegian Dawn and Norwegian Spirit and HAL's Noordam offer 10 and 11 day Caribbean cruises out of New York next February. We have taken both the Dawn's 10 and 11 day winter itineraries and really enjoyed them. My only suggestion would be to go in early February before the mid-winter recess when a lot of children will be on board. I understand the new Crown Princess will also begin sailing out of New York in June 2006. Try a winter cruise out of New York, it sure beats going to the airport in a snowstorm- the ship will always sail which is more than can be said for your flight.

We sailed the Norwegian Dawn 2/2005, southern carribean. It was a great cruise with wonderful weather. We are booked on the 3/5/2006 Western Carribean on the Dawn. So convenient when you don't have to fly, and a nice break from the winter weather. The Dawn is a beautiful ship.

Being from Minnesota, anyplace warm would be a great itinerary for February. I agree with the person that suggested the 10 day round trip canal out of Ft Lauderdale. Make sure that you are on a ship that will fit through the locks (Princess Grand Class ships are too wide). We did this about 1 1/2 years ago, and loved it. The Coral Princess sails this itinerary and is a great ship. Going through the locks is very interesting, and the other stops are fun too. While I prefer the complete transit of the canal (ocean to ocean), the round trip from

Ft Lauderdale is a great trip.

If you do a canal itinerary, I'd suggest reading "The Path Between the Seas" beforehand. It is about the construction of the canal, and is fascinating (even if you're not going through the canal).

February is a great month to cruise but the key is to avoid presidents week which is around the third week in february. I also enjoy the eastern over the western as there never appears to be as many ships in port.

ssbeagle,

Great advice how does on look into a repositioning cruise??? I should know this but i dont, lol

Repositioning cruises are usually done in the spring and fall. We are taking the one from Italy to Galveston in November on the Grand which will then sail to the Caribbean from Galveston until next April or May when it will probably go back to Europe for the summer months. There are several that do repositioning cruises to Alaska as well. There are other locations, but you need to check with the cruise line web site.

wow this is all great info!!!!

Looks like February is the only month i can go w/ my friends.

i am gearing towards a 10 dayer less kids, and 7 is not enough!!! LOL

Seamare ~ thanks for the tip on Presidents weekend! I usually try to look at all the holidays and try to avoid, but i forgot that one!!:eek:

jjfo ~ i just did the Canal in Oct /nov it was awesome, and i would do again, this time no railroad excursion it was completely the worst!!!! Ocean to Ocean seems nice or just stay on the ship and enjoy a non-crowded pool.

I did the ocean to ocean shore excursion (a smaller boat sails all the way to the Pacific side) on my cruise about 18 months ago. I had previously done complete trans-canal cruises twice, so a complete transit wasn't totally unique. I would recommend the shore excursion to anyone that hasn't previously transited (is that a word?) the canal. It's a neat experience to sail through the whole thing (through the Culebra cut, across the continental divide, and under the Bridge of the Americas). Also going through the Pacific locks in a smaller boat gives you a different perspective on the size of the locks.

The canal is one of my favorite cruises.

We are booked on the sea princess feb 11th-25th for the eastern caribbean islander. it's new this year and at 14 days not too heavily populated with kids! the itinerary looks very nice with 3 or 4 sea days.

We are booked on the sea princess feb 11th-25th for the eastern caribbean islander. it's new this year and at 14 days not too heavily populated with kids! the itinerary looks very nice with 3 or 4 sea days.

you took the words right out of my mouth!! lol

i am now changing to the 10-day caribbeans there are 4 to choose from, my friends said they could swing it, so now my dilemna is price?? It is so high right now, i paid 1200 last year for balcony on the Coral in Panama for 10 days, i hope this goes down i would love a 10 dayer

i have only done one winter cruise that was the Mexican Riviera. I am going on my next w/ some friends that can only do February is that a good time?? And where should i go??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me February means Caribbean to escape our cold winter.

Princess has several 10 day choices available. One of my favorites is the 10 day Panama Canal. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For me February means Caribbean to escape our cold winter.

Princess has several 10 day choices available. One of my favorites is the 10 day Panama Canal. :)

i think that is one of 2 options i have, the 10 day caribbeans are sooo $$$$$$. Prey for a great special, lol

We booked the same cruise!!!

I think the weather will be fine. The first night sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale can be chilly, but after that???!!!

How many nights do have sleep before our cruise? :confused:

Trijntje

They are offering 2-for-1 plus free air on their 10 and 12 night cruises out of Miami. For us, the appeal was a smaller ship (we have wanted to try one), very limited smoking, resort casual dress (no formal nights - yea!), a terrific itinerary, and (we understand) wonderful service and food. We booked the 12 night cruise that leaves Valentine's Day.

We like Princess and love Celebrity, but, with some of the ridiculous 2006 pricing we have seen, the switch made sense to us.

Archived