Rental car in Cozumel??

postalgrrl

I just booked the Ecstacy for Oct8, 2005!!!!!!!. I am thinking a renting a car while in Cozumel. Where does the Ecstacy dock at? And who should I rent a car from? I would like someone close to where the ship docks. I need an automatic.....shame on me for never learning to drive a standard. Also, any suggestions for what to do in Cozumel or Playa???? Thanks:D

Be very careful renting a car in Mexico. I lived there and needed a car but you take a great risk driving there. First of all, you don't know your way around and it is easy to get lost. If you should be unfortunate enough to get into an accident, you get thrown in Jail and Mexican jails are not very nice. You can hire a car and driver and have someone who knows their way around and can enhance the experience of being in Mexico. You don't have enough time in port to risk something going wrong woth a rental car.

We rented a car from Budget, who at the time had a kiosk at the end of the pier. The rate was cheap for a volkswagon buggy and although they asked for a credit card, I refused to give him one and they gave us the car anyway. I think we paid $40 for the day. It is a beautiful island to be able to explore on our own. Lots of people rented those moped things and that didn't look safe at all. Once you get past the big strip the drive is beautiful and not crowded at all.

Be very careful renting a car in Mexico. I lived there and needed a car but you take a great risk driving there. First of all, you don't know your way around and it is easy to get lost. If you should be unfortunate enough to get into an accident, you get thrown in Jail and Mexican jails are not very nice. You can hire a car and driver and have someone who knows their way around and can enhance the experience of being in Mexico. You don't have enough time in port to risk something going wrong woth a rental car.

well I don't know about interior Mexico, but Coz is easy to navigate there is a road that goes around the island, and a couple that go straight through.

I would just becareful to rent directly at the pier you are coming off. and return the car before dark, watch out for road hazards, there idea of marking the road for repairs is to drag logs and cement blocks ,rocks whatever they can find onto the road to mark where there are potholes and etc,

Archived