Native Way or Sting Ray Sailings

linanm

Well I thought I was all set. I Have booked Native Way for Stingray/snorkeling/rum point in April, 2013. I have since read lots of great reviews for Sting Ray Sailings (a Catamaran) for Stingrays and snorkeling. Supposed to be smaller group, more room to move around and fun to sail on the catamaran.

Since this is our first trip, definitely want the stingray city and snorkeling. I am wondering if it would be fun to look around 7-mile beach and shopping as well. With Stingray Sailings you get back earlier and would have time for shopping and beach, but with Native Way, you go to rum beach.

Help, any suggestions? I have confused myself. I definitely like smaller groups and want the most time in the water with the Stingrays.

I went back and forth trying to figure out who to book with in Grand Cayman. I went with Stingray Sailings because they have a small group of people, plus like you said, I love sailing on Catamarans :D

Are you going to be doing any beach excursions at your other ports? Do you like to hang on deck all day and get some sun and fresh air? If so, you may want to try something different and go shopping or exploring the town.

I'm sailing w/ Stingray tours in December, (45 days wooo hooo!!) I'll be posting a full review on the Carnival board when I return, and will include shore excursions. If you like, keep an eye out for it.

I booked Stingray Sailing for the same reasons. Smaller group, Catamaran instead of a boat and to get back earlier to do something else. Rum Point looks gorgeous but in some of the reviews others have said its been crowded, expensive and some times rushed depending if they are running on time. Stingray Sailing sounds much more relaxing

I have done the Rays, Reef & Rum point 4 times in the past with Nativeways precisely because I do enjoy Rum Point so much... HOWEVER, it is true that it is a FULL DAY experience when you do that. You do not get a lot of time at Rum Point and you will not have much time, if any, back in town before you have to tender back. (In fact, once we were stuck in traffic and had to run to catch the last tender which was more than slightly scary.)

Nativeways is great, but depending on what time the last tender is you will only have 30 minutes or so in town. Your call!

We are also booked with Stingray Sailing. I looked at Moby Dick and Nativeway too, but decided the catamaran would be different (all of us going own motor boats), it would be less crowded, and they indicated they could drop us off halfway back to ship so we could get a short taxi ride to the turtle farm, and still have some time for shopping. Rum Point did not really interest us and it seemed to be mandatory with Nativeway if you wanted some snorkeling.

Thank you all for the information. I went ahead and booked with Stingray Sailings and will cancel NativeWays. That way we can be dropped off tp see 7 mile beach and/or in town to look around and shop. I am sure NativeWays would have been great, but think Stingray Sailings was a better fit for us time wise.

Can't wait to hear reviews from your adventures since we won't be going until April.

I've used Native Way 3 times before and have a group of 21 booked with them in January. Always had a great time, great service, and never had a problem getting back to the port in time. On one trip, the driver dropped of a group of 4 at Seven Mile Beach on the way back, so I'm sure anyone could be dropped off where ever they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...
I was ready to book with Sting Ray when they brought up the the time zone and said it was my call to know if the ship (NCL out of Fla) was on Fla time and that daylight saving was not there, etc. Seemed so simple and now uncertain. Please help soon

They do not change times in Grand Cayman, so right now they are on the same time as Florida. It just depends when you are sailing, if it soon you don't have an issue with time. If it is next year when the time change in the spring you would be 1 hour ahead of Grand Cayman.

Archived