Booking question

While on Freedom, I purchased a next cruise certificate. I came home, found the cruise we wanted and reserved it with our RCI agent. We received the OBC and reduced deposit from the next cruise certificate. We are platinum and I asked about the balcony discount in addition to the next cruise advantages. The agent said I would receive it. Then, I discovered a savings certificate and my agent told me to submit it and it would be decided if I could apply it or not. Since the savings certificate was more than the balcony discount, the savings certificate was applied. For some reason, while on board, we received a paper stating how the next cruise certificate, balcony discount, and savings certificate work together. Now, it has disappeared. Am I wrong for thinking I should have received both the balcony discount and savings certificate discount?

Just out of curiosity (hope you don't mind me asking) but what sort of saving do you make by booking your next cruise, whilst on your current one? What sort of OBC did you receive?

Cheers,

Reduced deposit and your OBC will depend on the length of cruise (nights) you book.

3-5 $25

6-9 $100

10-14 $150

15+ $200

This is per cabin not per person.

Just out of curiosity (hope you don't mind me asking) but what sort of saving do you make by booking your next cruise, whilst on your current one? What sort of OBC did you receive?

Cheers,

Besides the accurate info on OBC and reduced deposit that was posted above, booking on board is the only way to get an OBC AND one other perk, such as the savings certificate or balcony discount. No other way of booking allows a combination of Crown & Anchor benefits.

Besides the accurate info on OBC and reduced deposit that was posted above, booking on board is the only way to get an OBC AND one other perk, such as the savings certificate or balcony discount. No other way of booking allows a combination of Crown & Anchor benefits.

Unless you book through a TA and get and larger OBC from the TA plus your balcony discount. ;)

Unless you book through a TA and get and larger OBC from the TA plus your balcony discount. ;)

That's why I specifically mentioned combining C&A benefits. The TA OBC is not a C&A benefit. If you book on board, you get the 2 C&A benefits PLUS the OBC from the TA. ;);)

That's why I specifically mentioned combining C&A benefits. The TA OBC is not a C&A benefit. If you book on board, you get the 2 C&A benefits PLUS the OBC from the TA. ;);)

True depending on the TA. Some only give OBC if you book directly with them and not on transferred bookings. Anyway with my TA I always get a lower price plus OBC.

Cheers,

We always book on board (by getting a Next Cruise certificate) for the OBC.

You are charged a $100/per name you put on the NCC deposit but get the following OBC based on the length of the cruise you end up booking:

3-5 $25

6-9 $100

10-14 $150

15+ $200

Since we usually book a 7 night cruise, for the $100 deposit, RCCL is giving us the same amount to spend on board. Plus, if we decide to book a balcony, we can apply a discount to that OR use a savings certificate if we are in a category less than a balcony.

You only need to put one name on the NCC and then you'll pay the other deposit when you pick a date & ship.

By purchasing the Next Cruise Certificate, we received $100 OBC and paid a $100 deposit per person to be applied to a future booking. I purchased it because I really like the RCI agent I've used when booking past cruises and wanted to make sure the person got the credit. I was able to use my Platinum status in combination with the NCC to get the extra $100 balcony discount. (This discount is not per person.) RCI coupon represents replaced the $100 balcony discount with the $150 savings certificate. I can't complain I'm coming out ahead of $250 and it wasn't a WOW sale.:)

Archived