Guarantee room assignments

hsmcruise

Just in case anyone was wondering, I did get a room on the Marina. We arrived at the dock in Istanbul and told the porter we did not know our room number. He looked it up on his master list. We were "upgraded" from a g category to a F inside cabin. I don't really know the difference, other than

floor. So those of you who are worrying about their room guarantee, you will not

be sleeping in the tenders, they will assign you a room!

Just in case anyone was wondering, I did get a room on the Marina. We arrived at the dock in Istanbul and told the porter we did not know our room number. He looked it up on his master list. We were "upgraded" from a g category to a F inside cabin. I don't really know the difference, other than

floor. So those of you who are worrying about their room guarantee, you will not

Not to make you feel bad or anything, but I was upgraded (well, up-sold - we had to pay $200 for the change that we were offered) from a category G to a category A4 (concierge level with veranda). I am perfectly happy in an F or G (and yes, the only difference is the deck of the cabin) but I have to admit I was very, very happy with that A4 cabin! I have gotten upgraded from a G before after booking a guarantee, but never that much of a jump!

Calling that an "upgrade" is an insult to your intelligence. :)

Calling that an "upgrade" is an insult to your intelligence. :)

Well, the "F" cabins cost more than the "G" cabins, as some people actually care about what deck they're on (we don't) so technically it would be an upgrade, I would think!

Archived