Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter & Beach..enough time?

SomewhereBeyondTheSea

We are in port from 1-8 pm on Carnival (February 9th, 2013). I'm a bit confused about the amount of time that we would actually spend on the Island since the last ferry leaves at 4:00 pm. Does anyone know how much time you actually get on the Island when you book this excursion through the cruise line? I was hoping to book directly through Blue Lagoon, but I cant see how we would make the 1:30 ferry. It would be cutting it very close. Does the tour that Carnival operates run later then 4:00 pm? 2 hours on the Island doesn't seem like enough time. I was hoping to get a good amount of beach time in after the Dolphin Encounter. I know the kids would really enjoy what this Island has to offer.

How long does the Dolphin Encounter last (from orientation to finish)?

I purchased a Beach Pass 2 years ago, and absolutely loved the Blue Lagoon and would love to go back but I feel as if I had more time there the last time I went. If anyone has booked this excursion through Carnival with the same port time and can offer any insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

You won't have time for the beach.

We did the dolphin encounter a couple of years ago. We had the 10:30 time slot and were finished in time for the 1 o'clock ferry but wouldn't have had time for anything else. We ended up taking the 2 o'clock ferry back, which gave us a chance to walk around the island and watch the sea lions for a bit.

The orientation takes about 10 minutes and the actual encounter is about half an hour. But it does take about 2 hours, start to finish, to get everyone organized, hand out locker keys, then change/shower afterwards and buy photos.

You won't have time for the beach.

We did the dolphin encounter a couple of years ago. We had the 10:30 time slot and were finished in time for the 1 o'clock ferry but wouldn't have had time for anything else. We ended up taking the 2 o'clock ferry back, which gave us a chance to walk around the island and watch the sea lions for a bit.

The orientation takes about 10 minutes and the actual encounter is about half an hour. But it does take about 2 hours, start to finish, to get everyone organized, hand out locker keys, then change/shower afterwards and buy photos.

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you know if they allow access to beach at Blue Lagoon without purchasing the "add on" beach pass?

Thank you so much for your reply. Do you know if they allow access to beach at Blue Lagoon without purchasing the "add on" beach pass?

I just saw that you posted on another thread that you are thinking about the beach day pass. If you are doing the dolphin encounter, then yes you can use the beach too. But you can't take the ferry to Blue Lagoon without having some kind of pass - either the beach day pass or an animal encounter.

I can understand that. I wish the ships wouldn't have such odd times in port, especially since everything in Nassau closes down around 6.

We ended up going to Sheraton recently and that was a great way to spend an afternoon and reasonably priced.

I can understand that. I wish the ships wouldn't have such odd times in port, especially since everything in Nassau closes down around 6.

We ended up going to Sheraton recently and that was a great way to spend an afternoon and reasonably priced.

I can't agree more...or since Carnival has this "affiliation" with Blue Lagoon, at least give their passangers a little more time on the Island. Especially when they are charging $40.00 more pp. This will be the first time on a cruise for the little one in my group , so I think in the end it will turn out ok. If we stay closer to Port we will have more time to explore the Bahamas, so I think in the end, this works out better. I've been to the Sheraton...it was nice, but I wasn't too impressed. Cabbage Beach has nice reviews and it will be a first for all of us.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived