I've 'bin an gon an dunnit' too

Majesty Canarian Flavours booked for 1st March.:)

Finally after all the dithering I have booked Outside Plus Deck 4 Cabin 443:eek::eek::eek:

Am scared now hope it will be ok.

Because of my dithering though the price had gone up on the site by £54 but my very good TA at Thomson matched Cruise Deals price so have paid only £16 more.

Finally after all the dithering I have booked Outside Plus Deck 4 Cabin 443:eek::eek::eek:

Because of my dithering though the price had gone up on the site by £54 but my very good TA at Thomson matched Cruise Deals price so have paid only £16 more.

Can I be the first to wish you Bon Voyage! Roy.

Well done Mary. You'll be fine. :) I am going a month before you, so will report back. I will try to have a nosey at your cabin :) It looks a good position and only one upper bed (we've got two:eek:) Hope ours is made up as twin beds. When we were on the Spirit it was made up as one and OH kept bumping his shoulder when he got out of bed.:rolleyes:

Well done Mary. You'll be fine. :) I am going a month before you, so will report back. I will try to have a nosey at your cabin :) It looks a good position and only one upper bed (we've got two:eek:) Hope ours is made up as twin beds. When we were on the Spirit it was made up as one and OH kept bumping his shoulder when he got out of bed.:rolleyes:

Thanks that will be good. Gonna have to be fine now:eek: I'll be okay inside the cabin it's just getting there. If I can't cope with the corridors hubby will just have to blindfold me and lead me there.

We have requested it made into a double so if there's not much room and it's put against the wall we should have fun with my wonky leg.:)

Mary

Well done, mary

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the GF meals on the Majesty........we are very tempted with her but I think the cabin sizes are probably too small for 4 of us!

Well done, Mary!! Were you given a choice of cabins? You will be fine there. Just along from where we were in Sept.

Have not been on here, or even just reading comments, because some scumbag criminals have stripped the BT cables out from our area and 3 villages are without phones or Internet. Not expecting to be connected until Monday 29th at earliest!! Really annoyed so have come to hotel 20 mins away to use their wifi as got withdrawal symptoms from missing this forum.......:eek::eek:

Thanks that will be good. Gonna have to be fine now:eek: I'll be okay inside the cabin it's just getting there. If I can't cope with the corridors hubby will just have to blindfold me and lead me there.

We have requested it made into a double so if there's not much room and it's put against the wall we should have fun with my wonky leg.:)

Mary

They should be able to put double in the middle with headboard against window as there is plenty of space. You are so lucky, don't think about the corridors!! Think about the ports and the lovely food.......:):)

Good for you! :D Have a wonderful time and let us know all about it - I'm sure you will. ;)

Thank you Kruzseeker I'm sure we will. I was getting withdrawl symptons coming on here and hearing all about the cruises.

They should be able to put double in the middle with headboard against window as there is plenty of space. You are so lucky, don't think about the corridors!! Think about the ports and the lovely food.......

Hi Jackie Thats good. Had visions of having to scramble over the bed like we did on the Escape.:(

443 was the only cabin we were offered. Don't know if this is because I asked for a double bed and it is a three berth rather than four for the two of us.

Sorry to hear your problems can't believe what they will steal.

How will you cope until the 29th:eek:

Will be interested to hear how you get on with the GF meals on the Majesty........we are very tempted with her but I think the cabin sizes are probably too small for 4 of us!

Hi Jules will report back when we've been. Of course it will be same as the Spirit with the cider situation. It's so annoying. They did a beer package this time so why can't they do a cider one.:(

It's so annoying. They did a beer package this time so why can't they do a cider one.:(
Could you explain that your husband is a coeliac and can't drink beer and throw yourselves on their mercy :D My friend's husband has had it since he was 21. They had just got married and he was so ill. His mother thought my friend was trying to poison him :eek: It took a year to diagnose, but that was in the seventies.

Could you explain that your husband is a coeliac and can't drink beer and throw yourselves on their mercy :D My friend's husband has had it since he was 21. They had just got married and he was so ill. His mother thought my friend was trying to poison him :eek: It took a year to diagnose, but that was in the seventies.

Would beg and grovel if thought it would do any good.:D They are brilliant with the food though and he gets treated really special onboard, they cannot do enough for him and cannot praise them enough:) so I am going to put this to Mr Ellacott on here. It's worth a try.

Its a horrible thing it took about 10 years to diagnose hubby because he had to be weird and difficult but what makes it more annoying is his sister is coeliac. He has been diagnosed about 4 years now and is like a different man.

Can understand your friends mother thinking she was trying to poison her husband they are so ill. My hubby looked like the walking dead he was so grey (face not hair) and thin. In the first year of being sorted he put on 3 stone and still wasn't big.:eek:

Would beg and grovel if thought it would do any good.:D They are brilliant with the food though and he gets treated really special onboard, they cannot do enough for him and cannot praise them enough:) so I am going to put this to Mr Ellacott on here. It's worth a try.

Its a horrible thing it took about 10 years to diagnose hubby because he had to be weird and difficult but what makes it more annoying is his sister is coeliac. He has been diagnosed about 4 years now and is like a different man.

Can understand your friends mother thinking she was trying to poison her husband they are so ill. My hubby looked like the walking dead he was so grey (face not hair) and thin. In the first year of being sorted he put on 3 stone and still wasn't big.:eek:

What a good idea - putting the question to Mr Ellacott about cider being on AI although it is Strongbow & has to be imported (in larger quantities than spirits I guess) which is probably why there is extra to pay for AI guests whereas beers are probably easy to source anywhere. I know when my husband was first diagnosed & we went to Turkey, he couldn't get any imported cider at all; only a Turkish brand which was very expensive as there is not a lot manufactured in Turkey!!

My cousin's wife was diagnosed with it about 7 years ago and she was ill for a year before they found out what she had. She thought she had cancer!

My friend's husband was in and out of hospital and one day a doctor came on to the ward, took one look at him, and said "I know what is wrong with you" otherwise he would probably have died. Because there are more GF foods now it must be easier than it was 40 years ago. They went on Ocean Village and they were not very helpful on there. She is still trying to persuade him to try another cruise, and I told her to try Thomson. I will tell her what you said about how special they treat your husband.

Mind you Thomson treat everyone well :)

My cousin's wife was diagnosed with it about 7 years ago and she was ill for a year before they found out what she had. She thought she had cancer!

My friend's husband was in and out of hospital and one day a doctor came on to the ward, took one look at him, and said "I know what is wrong with you" otherwise he would probably have died. Because there are more GF foods now it must be easier than it was 40 years ago. They went on Ocean Village and they were not very helpful on there. She is still trying to persuade him to try another cruise, and I told her to try Thomson. I will tell her what you said about how special they treat your husband.

There are 3 coeliacs in our family Linda - another reason we love cruising so much is once you're onboard you just don't have to worry about the food - this year on the Celebration they gave us gluten free menus - the same as "normal" people but all the dishes that were or could be made gluten free were marked on the menu. There is always a gluten free pasta option on the menu too.

They also now label up the salads & food in the Lido as to what is gluten free as well as the ice-cream at the ice cream bar. They bring gluten free bread at meals, will cook pancakes for us at breakfast and make scones for afternoon tea. We took our own pizza bases and they made up pizzas for us at lunch - they are really good and I would certainly recommend them to your friends for dietary requirements!

Yes they do treat everyone well but and I am sure Jules will agree they do go further to make sure he is well looked after and not ill. He has even had the Maitre D cook him a stir fry outside on the Celebration Lido. He was waiting for the chef to find out if it was GF when the MD appeared, asked if he was ok and when he explained why he was waiting he said he would cook him one himself. Which he did and hubby said it was the best he had ever had:)

There is absolutely nothing to worry about, you have to inform them when you book and he will def. not go hungry. They provide gf bread, crackers and adapt most of the menu to make it suitable even providing special desserts.

Sorry if I go on about this but we cannot praise them enough.:)

They should be able to put double in the middle with headboard against window as there is plenty of space. You are so lucky, don't think about the corridors!! Think about the ports and the lovely food.......:):)

Well done Mary, have a great time.

One point is if they make it up as a double and put bed in middle as it would normally be. You will lose out on floor space, getting 2 narrow strips either side instead of 1 larger floor area. We had ours set up as twins with large floor space in between. But next time would have it as double with it up against the wall.

Berwyn

Archived