Sea Questions for a Group Traveling Together

CandWDiva

Forgive me if this is a duplicate. I could've sworn I posted yesterday, but something happened in the process, and I don't see it out there. So rather than re-type everything, I'm going to just recap.

We have a group of 19 going on NCL Sea 06/25, ranging in age from 9-50 (I, think). This is our second in what we're hoping will be an annual trip, although last year we only had 11. We've all managed to book our cabins on the same deck. This is a first cruise for several of the people. Last year's trip was to an AI in Puerto Vallarta.

The only "rule" we've abided by (besides the stuff for the kids) was to meet for dinner every night. Will we be able to book this ahead of time with the Maitre 'D, or will we just have to show-up and wait every night?

Last year we took walkie talkies, and that was a God-send with the teenagers. They had a very generous curfew, and they had to at least have one other person with them at all times. Being able to keep tabs on them with the walkie talkies was great. Does anyone know if this will work on the ship? Does the ship have any kind of official curfew, or is it just up to the parents?

The only group excursion we did last year was to go on a pirate ship and then go snorkeling. All but two of the group went. Some of the group snorkels, but there are a few divers. We're trying to find something everyone can participate in, but there are a couple of group members that don't swim. Does anyone know of a good recommendation that will accommodate all of us? Will they discount their excursion if they're just going to ride the boat (and eat lunch, if offered)?

Because there are kids going (me being a big 40 year old kid!), we thought Gumbalimba Park in Roatan might be a good idea. The idea of playing with the monkeys looks very appealing. Has anyone done this? Is it as much fun as it looks? What else is there to do while there?

Any other thoughts, suggestions or information would be very much appreciated. I'm the self-appointed ring leader of this bunch, and I would really like to be able to come back with some information to help us get the most out of this experience. And if any of y'all are going to be on the Sea during that Texaribbean cruise, be sure and say hello. Our group, ALFALFA, won't be hard to find.

Take care, and thanks!:D

What a fun idea! Our first cruise was with a big group, but we didn't know most of them, and didn't try to do anything other than with my immediate family.

I think you'd be far better off to book a reservation with the maitre'd for dinner. They normally book reservations for either early (the dining room usually opens at 5:30), or late (9:00 or later). You'll probably be seated at separate tables close together -- I can't think of any that would accomodate that large a party. With freestyle dining and that large a party, you're likely to be waiting a while if you don't make reservations.

We took walkie talkies and didn't try them at all. I think they should work, but hopefully someone else will know for sure.

One suggestion for a "group" activity would be to to Tabyana Beach -- you can combine several other activities with the Tabyana Beach party. For instance, you can do Tabyana and snorkel, Tabyana and glass bottom boat, Tabyana and horseback riding. However, it is on Roatan, and if you want to go to Gumbalimba that might not work. This trip we did the combined dolphin excursion/Tabyana beach, so I don't know anything about Gumbalimba. I also wouldn't recommend combing the dolphin excursion with Tabyana -- we only had about 45 minutes at Tabyana, not enough time to make it worth the extra $$$.

If you have any more questions, feel free to email me. I've just sent you the dailys, so you'll have my email address. Have a great time -- we've been on the Sea twice and had a good experience both times.

Archived