Vancouver whale watching

If you are interested in making the 30min trip from Vancouver out to the fishing village of Steveson, I would highly recommend Vancouver Whale Watch. They run a first class operation, with very nice boats, great viewing areas and are very successful. I have been out with them a few times and always had success. They have also had a coupon in the local entertainment book the last few years, so you may check that also to save yourself a few bucks. They also have a bus and I think they do pickups at some of the hotels, so that may be an option for you also. During the summer months the whales are often south of Vancouver (Gulf Islands, etc ), so by starting from Steveston you will get a little more time with the Whales than on a tour out of Vancouver.

• 2 months later...
If you are interested in making the 30min trip from Vancouver out to the fishing village of Steveson, I would highly recommend Vancouver Whale Watch. They run a first class operation, with very nice boats, great viewing areas and are very successful. I have been out with them a few times and always had success. They have also had a coupon in the local entertainment book the last few years, so you may check that also to save yourself a few bucks. They also have a bus and I think they do pickups at some of the hotels, so that may be an option for you also. During the summer months the whales are often south of Vancouver (Gulf Islands, etc ), so by starting from Steveston you will get a little more time with the Whales than on a tour out of Vancouver.

I could not agree with you more. This group will pick you up at your Vancouver hotel and provide round trip transportation to Stevenson. The trip is all day and you take a lunch. They provide granola bars and water. This company knows where to find the pod of Orcas that summer near Vancouver. The pod is large and active. There was a naturalist on board during our tour.

Hello We will be in Vancouver July 2013 Can anyone please recommend a whale watching tour (our friend has a bad back so dont want to get bounced around too much) Thankyou Nicole:)

This is a thread on the same subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1753278

Archived