Breakaway, why such a boring cruise!?

Verfai

I do see that most people that love this itinerary are from the USA...I would like to turn this question around, if this ship was in the Med (my part of the world) would you be on her if the cruise was from Barcelona->day sailing->3days Rome->back to Barcelona (I know very unrealistic, however still try to picture it :D).

I guess it's all about putting people onto ships. I'm not from the US, but as US citizens are NCL's biggest market, that cruise is probably geared towards that market. NCL I'm sure have done their market research.

Me personally, I try to find different itineraries each time I cruise. I would be quite happy to do a Meditteranian cruise that ported for 2/3 days in different places. It would give you a really good chance to see and do different things. I tend to choose the itinerary not the ship, but I'm faithful to the NCL brand. Love the happy colours, newer ships and freestyle dining/dress. Unfortunately you can't always have the specific ship you want with the itinerary you wish to do-that's life! :)

I am really excited about the Breakaway and the fact that it goes to Bermuda.

The ship looks like it's going to be amazing. I'm thrilled about so many aspects. We are looking to book one of the first cruises in May. Previously, we've sailed Carnival but we've found it to be kind of... boring. I can't be in the sun for long periods of time (I burn and I'm high risk for skin cancer) and we're not really "drinkers" by any means. I maybe have a handful of alcoholic drinks in a year. I've read so many bad things about Carnival since the changes made in June to their loyalty program. I've also noticed people stating the number of shows has decreased, the quality has decreased and the shows now last about 30 minutes.

I'm looking for something else.

We've sailed the Eastern and Western Caribbean along with the Bahamas. We have seen some beautiful sights but we've also witnessed poverty at it's worst and that's not exactly what I want to see on vacation. I understand it's part of life but having children trying to sell you items such as dead sea horses so they can take the money back to their family, is sad. :(

I've read great things about Bermuda and I've read that Bermuda isn't necessarily suffering from poverty. I'm looking forward to seeing beautiful sights without being depressed about children going hungry :o Trip Advisor also has a ton of "things to do" and see that look pretty cool :)

you will love NCL !

we, too have given up on CCL

Archived