Duty free alchole

Hi

If you are talking about alcohol then nothing compares to Vila. I see you are cruising on the Sun Princess, I love her and have cruised on her twice. You are allowed on Princess to bring 2 bottles of wine or champagne on to the ship to be consumed. Any duty free alcohol you buy would be collected and stored until the end of your cruise. My sister in law took wine on in Christchurch, Dunedin and Wellington.

Tania :)

We were also on SP this year around New Zealand. No problem bringing on some NZ wine to drink on board but any spirits duty free or not are taken away and held. The only place ashore, where I saw a duty free outlet selling spirits was at the Auckland passenger terminal at Princes Wharf. There was a counter on the upper level selling a range of duty free. The prices were higher than in the duty free shop on board, especially if you bought early on board to take advantage of discount coupons or specials. We no longer bother except in Vila.

davieboi

There is a duty free shop upstairs at the Auckland Cruise Terminal but it is no cheaper than the duty free on the ship.

Vila is the place to go for duty free, especially alcohol. We were there last year and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire Gin (1 litre) was AUD$16 compared with AUD$39 on the ship.

John

The only place ashore, where I saw a duty free outlet selling spirits was at the Auckland passenger terminal at Princes Wharf. There was a counter on the upper level selling a range of duty free. The prices were higher than in the duty free shop on board, especially if you bought early on board to take advantage of discount coupons or specials. We no longer bother except in Vila.

Is the Duty Free counter still upstairs at Auckland?

We did not see it last time. We also enquired pre cruise at DFS Galleria , and they said they do not deliver to the ships anymore.

However as you say, the duty free prices are no big deal these days. I have seen many items cheaper in normal stores .

Archived