Monarch Of The Seas B2B Picture Review

mpoole3

The sail-away party was unlike anything I've ever seen on a cruise! I was very tired from driving all night (10 hrs from Knoxville) so I relaxed in a chair. The staff started the dancing party and the guest were drinking booze like it was free. There was very loud music and a lot of intoxicated people, you are sure to have a good time.

DSC05975_zpsee857f42.jpg

Be SURE you get the Roast Beef sandwiches poolside during the party! They placed this banner up during each of the sail away parties.

DSC05972_zps4ce3171b.jpg

Welcome back from a great cruise, mpoole3! Glad that you had a good time. Thanks for the cool pic of the sailaway party...that party is one of the things that helps to kick off my cruises on the smaller ships. I was on the Oasis in September, and as much fun as it was, THERE WAS NO SAILAWAY PARTY (at least not the type that I'm accustomed to). It was kind of disappointing to me, however, your picture reminded me that the Monarch, Majesty, and other smaller RCCL ships can be great fun too!

• 2 months later...
Often I think I know more about RCCL then some of the staff, thanks to my Cruise Critic friends!

And you in turn have helped us. We know more about the Monarch now - our first ever cruise in February! We're very excited, and your review and pictures are great. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Do you happen to recall lockers for rent on Coco Cay? We want to snorkel while there and would feel better storing our stuff somewhere.

And you in turn have helped us. We know more about the Monarch now - our first ever cruise in February! We're very excited, and your review and pictures are great. Thanks so much for taking the time.

Do you happen to recall lockers for rent on Coco Cay? We want to snorkel while there and would feel better storing our stuff somewhere.

There are lockers for rent on coco cay! I think it was $5-10 to rent, can't remember exactly!! You will be getting off the monarch the day we get on!! Cheers to a great cruise!!!

Great review and fantastic pics, thanks mpoole3! :) I realise they're the oldest ships in the fleet but I kinda have a bit of a love affair with the Sovereign class ships at the moment. They still seem to be really lovely ships.

Thank you I'm glad you enjoyed the review! I had fun writting it. I'm going to post on again this Spring for my upcoming cruise on the NOS.

I was kind of worried that I would not like the Monarch (since the prior cruise was the Allure) However, it was one of my favorite cruises! I just loved the staff and all with window seats in every venue.

Thanks for the report. Looked great. I was just wondering more about your impressions of Junkanoo Beach. I'm thinking of a beach day there. Do they rent snorkle equipment? Thanks!!

Glad you enjoyed the review! I had the best time writing the review. I did not see any equipment available for rent. The beach is very laid back, also no beach chairs.

They do have plenty of cheap beer! :D

The banner for the roast beef sandwiches looks like its out by the pools; do you make the sandwiches in the WJ?

The only time the sandwiches are offered is during the Sail-Away Party by the pool. I think they had them out for around 2 hours. So I recommend 1 at the start of the party and 1 more while they are packing up! (thats what I did!) :cool:

The only time the sandwiches are offered is during the Sail-Away Party by the pool. I think they had them out for around 2 hours. So I recommend 1 at the start of the party and 1 more while they are packing up! (thats what I did!) :cool:

Mmmmmm that sandwich was sooooo good. I absolutely loved our experience on the Monarch.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Upon the return to my stateroom I found: a fruit plate, bottle water, C&A basket, and a letter inviting me to their nightly diamond event in the Viking Crown. I was quite surprised to receive the letter inviting me to their diamond event, but I inquired and this is standard for all B2B cruisers. Perhaps one day I'll make diamond status!

DSC05973_zps02f3a7e3.jpg

photo_zps6af49135.jpg

I have never heard of C&A members being invited to the Diamond Event when at a lower tier. Perhaps they made a mistake? Either way, good for you!