Monarch Of The Seas B2B Picture Review

mpoole3

Great review. I'm glad you had a good time, sorry your cruise ended with bad weather. The same thing happened to us the last day of our Freedom cruise in May.

We just booked a weekend cruise on Monarch in January because it was under $300 total. We haven't done one that short, does it just fly by?

Great review. I'm glad you had a good time, sorry your cruise ended with bad weather. The same thing happened to us the last day of our Freedom cruise in May.

We just booked a weekend cruise on Monarch in January because it was under $300 total. We haven't done one that short, does it just fly by?

The 3 day cruise FLEW by, because we were in Nassau all day then Coco Cay all day, Cruise over. The 4 day seemed a lot longer (we had 2 sea days due to sandy)

You just cannot beat those prices! I'm sure Ill sail on her again before she leaves the fleet. None stop fun!

Holy cow! What a great price! I assume that was for the two of you? I'm eyeing Monarch in December as well.

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, especially the photos! Did you go to the Schooner Bar very much? I am wondering who the pianist is going to be for my cruise Nov 26-30...Thanks again!

Dont recall her last name but it was a Female named Ann. She was really good and had a large turnout each night.

Thanks for the report. Looked great. I was just wondering more about your impressions of Junkanoo Beach. I'm thinking of a beach day there. Do they rent snorkle equipment? Thanks!!

I did go twice so I personally enjoyed the beach. With that being said I'm a low key type of person. Would I eat the food there probable not, but if your looking to spend 2-3 hours on the sand it's great! If you want to spend all day 10-4/5 on the beach I'd recommend hotel that offers a day pass.

I did go twice so I personally enjoyed the beach. With that being said I'm a low key type of person. Would I eat the food there probable not, but if your looking to spend 2-3 hours on the sand it's great! If you want to spend all day 10-4/5 on the beach I'd recommend hotel that offers a day pass.

Thanks! 3 - 4 hrs is plenty for us, but we do want to snorkle from the beach. That is our only goal. Well, and to laze around some.

Do you know if they rent snorkel gear? And how the snorkeling is from the beach? We don't need to see a ton of fish, just a few and not too rough of water. None of us our good at clearing the snorkel when water comes in it. :rolleyes:

Thanks! 3 - 4 hrs is plenty for us, but we do want to snorkle from the beach. That is our only goal. Well, and to laze around some.

Do you know if they rent snorkel gear? And how the snorkeling is from the beach? We don't need to see a ton of fish, just a few and not too rough of water. None of us our good at clearing the snorkel when water comes in it. :rolleyes:

We've always done a snorkel excursion in Nassau where they take us out away from the beach to a small island not that far away. I've no idea if the snorkeling is good off the beach, or if they rent snorkel gear.

They do rent snorkel gear at Coco Cay, where it's very easy to snorkel right off the beach.

Thanks for the pix and nice review. My family and I were on the Monarch for the 4 day (10/22) trip. It was a bummer that Sandy followed us the entire trip, but Monarch's amazing crew :D - minus the "hucksters:mad:" selling the booze and $10 merchandise - made the trip great anyway :)!

We'll be on MN's next to last sailing in March to say "Farewell" to a Grand Lady. This will be our 4th and final sailing on the Monarch of the Seas...:( We will sorely miss her.

We will be looking forward to sailing on her replacement, the Enchantment in 2013-2014!

Edited by magala621

• 3 weeks later...
I attended the diamond event this evening and they made sure my wine glass was full at all times. Again, I overheard the talk for who is working on the EOS when they sell off the Monarch. Seems Malcolm is very "popular" with the Diamond members and he will be joining the Enchantment in February '13

I enjoyed my dinner in the dinning room with a table of ten. Everyone had so many questions about Coco Cay and I was happy to answer them.

I went a little early!

photo_zpsced52d01.jpg

Unique Art in the Viking Crown Lounge

photo_zps71f9fa37.jpg

We must have just missed you in the Viking Crown. Great picture of our friends Don and Betty. The Captain did an excellent job in getting us back into PC just ahead of Sandy. A great crew on a wonderful ship. We will miss her!!! Thanks for a nice review.

Thank you for posting this excellent review.

We did a B2B2B2B last year to ensure that we did not have a port intensive experience and loved the laid back yet party atmosphere. The crew does many extra things to make up for her lack of venues and this adds up to an excellent experience.

Monarch has become one of our favorite ships and we sail on her on the way to and on the way back to cruises on the Freedom or Oasis/Allure. We board her again in 8 days.:D

Please consider the Enchantment when she arrives in April. She is our "home" ship and we believe you will enjoy her even more than the Monarch.:):)