LAX transfers to Long Beach - Splendor

MKESail

Hi, everyone

I'm leaving on Splendor a week from today (YES!!!:D) and I am flying into LAX on that same day. I booked Carnival airport transfers with them but I just wasn't sure about one thing. My flight is supposed to arrive in LAX - Terminal 4 (I guess, this still may change :confused:) and I just looked at LAX map - they have like 8+ terminals (I've never been to that airport before). So.. the question I had was - are they going to have a Carnival rep at each of those terminals? Just called Carnival and was told to look for "Main airport entrance", now.. I'm looking at the map over here http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=246 and cannot find anything that says "Main airport entrance" - am I visually challenged? :confused: For those who flew in on the same day (yeah, I know, not the best idea) - where did you have to go to find the Carnival rep to be taken to your transfer?

Thank you

I would suggest you call Carnival and ask to talk to someone about the transfer program from LAX to the port. You can ask them if there will be a agent waiting in the baggage area of your terminal with a sign for Carnival passengers. You can also tell them of your visual imparement so they are aware of it.

Most airports have multiple terminals, so I can imagine they have a list of who is coming in and when and they have agents at each terminal to collect the passengers and the bus/motorcoach/van would collect everyone from each terminal in succession......Miami is one of those ports where they have passengers coming in all the time day before/day of at each terminal, so they have a rep at each terminal.

Sometimes booking a transfer through SuperShuttle is easier because they have vans going back and forth from Long Beach all day. It takes a while if there are stops at hotels inbetween, but at least the vans are smaller 9-10 passenger vans.

I would suggest you call Carnival and ask to talk to someone about the transfer program from LAX to the port. You can ask them if there will be a agent waiting in the baggage area of your terminal with a sign for Carnival passengers. You can also tell them of your visual imparement so they are aware of it.

Most airports have multiple terminals, so I can imagine they have a list of who is coming in and when and they have agents at each terminal to collect the passengers and the bus/motorcoach/van would collect everyone from each terminal in succession......Miami is one of those ports where they have passengers coming in all the time day before/day of at each terminal, so they have a rep at each terminal.

Sometimes booking a transfer through SuperShuttle is easier because they have vans going back and forth from Long Beach all day. It takes a while if there are stops at hotels inbetween, but at least the vans are smaller 9-10 passenger vans.

Bingo. I drive to the port, and grew up about 10 minutes from LAX, so I have never used the transfer, but there are 8 terminals and probably 25-30 baggage claim areas. I doubt Carnival has that many employees waiting for you. I would get further info on exactly where to meet them or just book super shuttle. Probably cheaper, their blue vans are EVERYWHERE, and they have discounts online and for AAA members. Just MHO.

We will be on the Splendor in December, tell her I said hello!

Thank you for both your replies :) I had already booked transfers with Carnival, so I'm really not sure if they'd let me cancel this late, I guess I'd have to find a way to live with those. I called them again, got another rep, who told me "Sure, of course there will be somebody waiting for you at your baggage claim" so I said "Are you absolutely sure? There are 8 terminals in that airport. Do you have a rep at each of the baggage claims in each of the terminals?" She said "Yes!". At this point I guess I realized she has no idea what she's talking about and said "well what if I arrive and there's nobody at my terminal? do I run around all 8 terminals looking for a Carnival rep at around noon - the day of the departure?:mad:" she said "don't worry, there's a phone number on your transfer voucher, you should call that IF there's no Carnival rep to meet you". Ok so.. instead of talking to her I went to my transfer vouchers (guess I should've done that in the first place :)) and found that it says for Los Angeles Airport Terminal 1 (Southwest) - baggage claim between 9 am - noon. So I guess I'll head down to Terminal 1 but why does it say till noon? My flight is not scheduled to arrive till 11:45 am, not sure if I can make it by noon. Then what? :confused:

PS. The comment I made about being visually challenged was just a little bit of sarcasm ;)

We used carnival transfers from lax to the splendor last spring, and they really did have a whole army of reps at lax! Don't worry, they will take good care of you.

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk 2

Hi, everyone

I'm leaving on Splendor a week from today (YES!!!:D) and I am flying into LAX on that same day. I booked Carnival airport transfers with them but I just wasn't sure about one thing. My flight is supposed to arrive in LAX - Terminal 4 (I guess, this still may change :confused:) and I just looked at LAX map - they have like 8+ terminals (I've never been to that airport before). So.. the question I had was - are they going to have a Carnival rep at each of those terminals? Just called Carnival and was told to look for "Main airport entrance", now.. I'm looking at the map over here http://www.lawa.org/welcome_lax.aspx?id=246 and cannot find anything that says "Main airport entrance" - am I visually challenged? :confused: For those who flew in on the same day (yeah, I know, not the best idea) - where did you have to go to find the Carnival rep to be taken to your transfer?

Thank you

Hi Mike, Have you joined our roll call. We have quite the fun group going on this trip.

Nancy

They will have your name and flight information. They check each name off as the passengers arrive and tell them to wait in a certain area. Once everyone on the list is checked off then it is off to the waiting bus to go to port....

Yes, that's what RCI reps were doing (I've only cruised with them up until now), so I wasn't sure what the procedure was for Carnival.

Hi Mike, Have you joined our roll call. We have quite the fun group going on this trip.

Nancy

Hi, Nancy :)

I am actually a female and not Mike :D And, yes, I have joined the Roll Call for the Let's Party Cruise ;):)

Archived