SHIP CLASS DIFFERENCES

Laurie715

Last year we sailed the Carnival Triumph and LOVED it. This next year we are sailing on the Inspiration. They say the Inspiration is a "fantasy class ship" What do all these ship classes mean- and what can I expect to be the difference???

thank you

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;08;20;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

I beleive it is based on size and groupings, small 50,000K or less may be known as Missy class, 90,000k may be known as Mama Class while the biggest one may be call Papa class. The first ship in the class sometimes carries the name of the class ie Voyager Class Voyager of the Seas, Navigator, Mariner etc. On Princess Sun Class, Sun, Dawn, Coral, and Island are in one class. The Grand calss has the Grand, Star, Golden ect. Most line base on tonnage of some form or the first of a series of ships.

Hopfully a Hawiian Cruise

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2006;12;5;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img] Until we sail away on the ocean blue

Navigator of the Seas Western Crib 08/03
Dawn Princess - Eastern Carb 01/03
Dawn Princess Panamal Canal 11/02

Carnival (and other cruise lines) have a number of sister ships. These are ships that are of the same design (size, number of passengers, etc.) with mainly cosmetic differences. CaptData is correct that the "class" of a ship refers to the first one of its type. The Triumph is 102,000 gross tons, considered a very large ship. By comparison the Inspiration is about 70,000 tons, or about 30% smaller.

I can't speak for the Triumph, but I was on the Inspiration last year and had a very good time.

1/1990 - RCCL Song of America
4/13/2003 - Carnival Inspiration
10/30/2004 - Maasdam

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0924ff&cdt=2004;10;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400[/img]
Till sailing on the Maasdam

You can usually tell the age of the ship via their class designation. The Inspiration is one of Carnival's older class of ships and therefore won't have all the amenities and bells and whistles of their newer class of ships.

Darcie

Archived