Princess vs. Royal Caribbean

Idoc

I'll be cruising with a large family group. Kids range from 3-15. Which ship would you suggest- Caribbean Princess or RCI Navigator of the Seas? I've only been on 1 cruise in the past (Norwegian Dawn) so I don't have much experience in comparing cruises.

I have sailed on both Princess and RCCL however I have never taken my dd until this upcoming cruise on the Mariner.

I think either line would be a good choice and I can't recall what Princess offers (although I hear a great kids program along with movies under the stars).

I have been on the Voyager and Explorer (sister ships to Navigator) and they offer in line skating, mini golf, great kids programs, Johnny Rockets restaurant and not to mention the ice skating rink.

We had a hard time deciding for our 2005 cruise (dd is joining us) and we left the decision up to her either Princess or RCCL. After she did lots of research, she quickly decided on the Mariner because of the ice skating rink.

You have a hard decision to make and either line would be great.

Perhaps another issue that could help decide is how many ports each ship visits and from what port they leave from.

I think Navigator leaves from Miami (on Saturdays) and I think Princess leaves from Fort Lauderdale. Perhaps you should check airfare from your home to either FL or Miami.

Another issue that might help is the price difference from the two lines (just make sure to compare similar staterooms during the same period of time).

Lucky you, so many decisions facing you. Good luck and I hope this information helps.

I vote for Navigator. Although I love Princess, the Caribbean Princess is a Grand class ship but has an extra deck of staterooms without additional public spaces....so extra crowded.

Navigator is a great ship for kids and has great programs. All ages, 3-100, loved the ice show. There's Johnny Rockets diner, promenade mall area, rock climbing wall.

Princess is a great line and we will sail a grand class in the future, but just not the ones with the extra deck added.

Archived