Prayers for the East Coast

welshcorgie

Here in Philadelphia, the wind has really picked up since this afternoon. The power is still on, but I noticed more flickering than usual even though I have only a few appliances on. The windows to my 40 year old house rattle so violently when the wind hits I am afraid the glass pane will break into thousands of little tiny projectiles (I actually witnessed a floor to ceiling window shatter to glass dust when I was visiting Asia during typhoon season. Good thing I was in the bathroom at the time as the dust actually shoots all the way across the hotel room).

Hope eveyone stays safe.

Thank you! Our power was out for 11 hours here in Baltimore. Thankfully we got one of the last generators in the state on Friday and it came in handy! We were able to power our sump pump, fridge and our neighbor's sump pump. No real damage except for a piece of siding came off the bottom part of our house.

I hope people are doing okay in the harder hit areas.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all that live or are on the East Coast for a safe next 72 hours!!!

Had a love of a welsh corgie once..and beautiful prayer..me too:o..so hard to think of that many people that much damage..so so hard..Sarah

If you are truly concerned and want to do something that would actually help you might think about donating to the American Red Cross.

Yes and today I heard they will need blood too..just the fact they can not go on regular eastern route affects us all..Sarah

I also heard you can text them and easily and donate $10 from one's cell bill.......one out of 6 folks affected this time means 5 are not..we all do a little and we do a lot and what is needed.... Sarah

http://www.redcross.org/charitable-donations

I grew up at the New Jersey Shore and weathered many storms and hurricanes. However, this storm, Sandy was by far the worse I had ever experienced and I was in Pennsylvania, not at the shore, for this one. The wind was absolutely horrible, sounded like a freight train running rampid. Huge trees turned upside down. All electricity was out for over 24 hours. There were flashes in the sky of green, blue and red, which looked light lightning, however, were in fact transformers blowing out. :eek:

Very bad here and all around NYC.Jersey shore as I have know it for the last 56 years in gone.Thousands of home damaged or destroyed .The only bright side,loss of life was low.Please keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to all that live or are on the East Coast for a safe next 72 hours!!!

Thanks so much...I thanked God that we made it through Sandy without incident!! I am still worried about some of my friends who were not as lucky....!!:rolleyes:

Very bad here and all around NYC.Jersey shore as I have know it for the last 56 years in gone.Thousands of home damaged or destroyed .The only bright side,loss of life was low.Please keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers.

New York Times reports 40 deaths attributable to Sandy in the U.S. so far.

All of us on the Jersey Shore are EXTREMELY grateful for your prayers, I really think they helped. My little town (Manasquan) was devastated by the storm surge, water in from three directions, but we have survived. There are severe restrictions still everywhere and ongoing search and rescue, so please don't come down to the shore to survey the damage for several more days! For those trying to contact friends and family in shore towns, we have very very little cell service, no power or cable for probably 10 days at least, so don't worry too much - we just can't communicate. So far only three people unaccounted for in our town, but many more alive but in need of rescue, so again, THANK YOU for your prayers!! Jersey Strong!

Robin

All of us on the Jersey Shore are EXTREMELY grateful for your prayers, I really think they helped. My little town (Manasquan) was devastated by the storm surge, water in from three directions, but we have survived. There are severe restrictions still everywhere and ongoing search and rescue, so please don't come down to the shore to survey the damage for several more days! For those trying to contact friends and family in shore towns, we have very very little cell service, no power or cable for probably 10 days at least, so don't worry too much - we just can't communicate. So far only three people unaccounted for in our town, but many more alive but in need of rescue, so again, THANK YOU for your prayers!! Jersey Strong!

Robin

Robin glad to hear you are safe. So sorry you had to endure all of this. I will pray for those unaccounted for and that the rescues are done quickly.

Fishbait, Thanks so much for the update. Yes, we have a friend who no one can locate but I feel much better knowing that it is so difficult just to get service--that is what we are figuring--as we got one broken call--so we figure she was trying to tell us she is fine but we don't know where she is. Prayers continue. For all. :(

Robin

So glad to hear from you Robin...:) Glad you are OK..

Here in Norther NJ (Bergen County)--we were hit hard..my family is fine..(on generator now)-- but I feel for others....some towns are underwater..!

We have been notified that will not get power back till Nov 5th !!!

Archived