Best Service Stories

Working 2 Cruise

This November, on the Emerald Princess, we were returning from a whale watching excursion. our waiter was on duty when we returned from the excursion and asked how our day was. Casually commented we saw no whales, no dolphins, no flying fish but we had a good time anyway.

that night at dinner, our waiter made a big production of pulling back the curtains on the window next to our table and discovered he drew a whale and taped it to the window so we could "watch our whale" throughout our dinner.

We were on a cruise to the Panama Canal... Somewhere south of Mexico, we were attacked by this huge ugly black flying bug. It looked like and was just a bit smaller than a flying dragon one might see in your worst nightmare. It looked like it might have breathed fire!!! It flew into our bathroom and stayed. My wife told me to go in the bathroom and kill it. I refused in that I am not crazy. So she called the room steward. I told him it was foolish to go into the bathroom unarmed and to call security because they might have a gun or something that could kill that bug! He thought that was funny. But I was only partially joking. He went in unarmed and a few minutes later came out with the dead body of the dragon bug. To this day I don't have a clue how he killed it.

I just finished a cruise on the Sapphire for Christmas. My service story is....

I had a pedicure appointment on the first sea day. When I got to the spa, the pedicurist looked so familiar. She had given me my first pedicure 2 1/2 years ago on an Alaskan cruise. My feet were horrible (so I thought) and she really brought them back to a beautiful state. I know she spent some extra time with me and we had a great time catching up. She gave recommendations for what I could do at home. She talked to me about a shellac manicure, which I scheduled for the last day. Again, she spent some extra time with me and I greatly appreciated it. It was sad to leave andI knew I wouldn't be getting another service from her because she is leaving the company in five weeks. The spa company is losing a great employee and I wish her the best in her new life after Princess.

Archived