Which menu did you pick for 150 CP?

Tin

We tried both menus on Allure in August. We thought both were great! The first so good it convinced us to add the second reservation for later in the week. I think the 2nd menu might be preferred by less adventurous eaters, but we found the overall dining experience to be much better during the first menu. We dined the 3rd night of the cruise...and had amazing, well-paced service. We returned the 6th night of the cruise and found the restaurant with every table booked and a less than leisurely experience. While the food was still wonderful and we met Chef Molly on our second visit, our waiter had far less time to explain the courses and often our wine pairings arrived a few minutes after the food and the waiter only had time for a very basic wine description. (FYI - we had the same waiter both nights so this is a direct comparison). I think what happens is that people "find" the restaurant as the week goes on - so if a leisurely meal with lots of food & wine descriptions are what you seek, the best experience is likely to be had early in your cruise week.

From what I heard, they released a new menu for 150 CP. It is even more wonderful. I love trying new food and thinking about the the first menu, but don't want to miss out the formal night and lamb.

From what I heard, they released a new menu for 150 CP. It is even more wonderful. I love trying new food and thinking about the the first menu, but don't want to miss out the formal night and lamb.

I am in a similar situation, we already have reservations for Giovannis for the frist day and then formal night is duck and lamb third night. I dont want to miss either of those two nights, we will see.

Definitely do both! We did both menus and they were two outstanding meals. Well worth the $40 surcharge; 150 Central Park is far superior to any other dining venue on Allure (other than Chef's Table which is also excellent) and a similar meal on land would cost significantly more.

My photo album contains pictures of all the courses for each of the 150 Central Park menus (we dined there week one of the new menus):

http://s497.beta.photobucket.com/user/buffy88nw/library/Allure%20Cruise/

Here are a few shots:

860.jpg

800.jpg

856.jpg

799.jpg

796.jpg

807.jpg

Archived