Open house hours for Clubs and Nursery?

CarnivalGirl3

We're thinking of sailing Disney Dream in Dec.

We are NOT looking for babysitting/drop off but do want to be able to take our daughter (15 months) to play. I've heard they have open house hours where we/daddy can take her to play.

Are these hours posted? I'm wondering how limited they are. (Carnival is 8-10am on sea days, not much at ALL!).

I was hoping for a more open play area since it's Disney (I was thinking a glorified play room).

Other than those clubs, are there areas where she can run around and play?

Oh, and does Disney have a library? Do they have kid books? (I'm wondering how many I need to pack.)

Google Disney Navigators. Find one for a cruise similar to your sailing. You can see the listings for the daily activities. Open house hours/activities are listed in the schedule. These are just examples, of course. Your cruise may differ on times and activities.

There is no library. Someone mentioned last year that it's likely due to infection risk or something like that.

The Club has a play structure, small slides and an area where there are books and table to color or write on. The Lab is geared for older kids. They don't have open house in each site (club/lab) every day. The Navigator will have details.

Your daughter can also play in the splash area for toddlers.

Thanks!

I know about nemo's reef, so that'll be fun, depending on the heat/sun. (I burn)

Carnival has a library. They had games, cards, and books. It's a quiet place and sometimes I find a good book. Before the kindle, packing enough books to last me 7 days was difficult, so I relied on the library to gaps. Now I have a kindle, so I don't have to worry about that for me.

I'll pack a few of her dollar books and her bedtime books.

Thanks!

I know about nemo's reef, so that'll be fun, depending on the heat/sun. (I burn)

Carnival has a library. They had games, cards, and books. It's a quiet place and sometimes I find a good book. Before the kindle, packing enough books to last me 7 days was difficult, so I relied on the library to gaps. Now I have a kindle, so I don't have to worry about that for me.

I have no idea why Disney doesn't have a library. Someone had said infection risk for something but I am not sure where that came from. I brought my son's books but we only read one. There was so much to do I guess. Besides he had tons of home work and we had to read books that the teacher gave us. That could account for it. I probably felt like we had read enough, lol.

homework? on a cruise? not happening! lol.

I'm planning downtime/quiet time in the room, plus, we read before bed (assuming she doesn't pass out from running around all day, which has happened!)

I'll find a quiet area, I'm sure.

Yes in order for me not to go to jail or be fined or whatever, lol, and still take a him in vacation during the school year, I had to agree to do Indeoendent Study. He was out for 2 weeks for the Hawaii cruise. We live in CA. Those are the rules. I had to follow and complete a lesson plan. As long as you do all of that they could care less how long your kid is out of school. He's in kindergarten.

Thanks!

Nemos Reef is completely enclosed (therefore shaded) . I also burn very easily and am really looking forward to using this area with my son.

KINDERGARTEN?! wow. homework in kindergarten...I can't imagine. But then, I know they are expected to know a lot more before kindergarten than when I went. I'm not sure if kindergarten is mandatory here or not.

I missed a week in 8th grade, I just had some packets for each class. it was no big deal.

Wood, thanks!!! I love that. So far she doesn't burn, but it's not like I've left her chilling outside for hours either. Our yard is mostly shaded; her pool and swing are under a tree.

Archived