PH or PS on Golden?

cruise182

PH is Penthouse and PS in Premium. I posted about this a few weeks ago because we're going on the Golden and I was trying to decide between the 2. If I understand correctly, the PS suites are Aft and the PH suites are mid ship. My travel agent says that the size of the cabin is going to be about the same and that the only main difference is the location. I like Aft so I chose the PS suite and it was also slightly less expensive ($100) per person.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Nicole,

I was originally booked on your cruise for the 26th with my girls, 5 and 10, but decided to try Rccl for the 2nd leg of my b2b. This way we get to see 2 different ships in one shot. I will take care of the Golden as you will be getting on as I get off to board the Serenade of the seas

Did you book one of the suites? If so which did you take? How old are your girls?

5 and 10

I have a mini booked now but may upgrade to a PH or PS. On the sreneade I have a suite booked aft. Can not wait to have an aft suite!!

I was just thinking that some of your stops on the Serenade might over lap with ours but I guess not. My Mom wants to dive also. My travel agent loves to dive and she's going to send me some info on where and the best prices. If you're interested I'll e-mail it to once I recieve it.

I was just thinking that some of your stops on the Serenade might over lap with ours but I guess not. My Mom wants to dive also. My travel agent loves to dive and she's going to send me some info on where and the best prices. If you're interested I'll e-mail it to once I recieve it.

Great!!

Have you ever sailed on RCCL? My mom just saild both lines and said I really should go and try RCCL .... thus the reason for the switch.

My son's 5, I'm so sad that you're not staying on the second week because I know they would have fun together. Maybe we'll at least meet in San Juan. If you want an Aft suite on the Golden I think it would have to be a PS. I don't remember how much more it was than a mini suite. Since I'm travelling with my Mom and my son I wanted to make sure that we have plenty of space. Other waise I might kill on of them, LOL. This is the first time I'm travelling with both of them for any length of time.

I was on the RCCL Splendour in Europe last year. I liked it fine but in this case I chose the cruise based on the itinerary. I actually wanted a 14 day out of Lauderdale but they had no suites available on the dates that I could sail. I'm a bit picky about itinerary since I live in Cancun I have no use for a western route. Actually most of the ports in the Caribean offer similar attractions to what I can get here. For example diving is excellent in Cozumel so I don't know how my Mom will like some of the other islands.

Are you travelling alone with your girls?

As of now I'm planning on spending Thanksgiving with my Grandparents in South Florida and maybe a few days of golf school;). My Mom will meet up with me there and we will fly to San Juan together. I haven't purchased my air yet but the flight that my agent offered me Saturday arrives at noon I think. Like you, my plans could change and I might be able to go a day earlier.

As of now I'm planning on spending Thanksgiving with my Grandparents in South Florida and maybe a few days of golf school;). My Mom will meet up with me there and we will fly to San Juan together. I haven't purchased my air yet but the flight that my agent offered me Saturday arrives at noon I think. Like you, my plans could change and I might be able to go a day earlier.

You play Golf!!!! My kind of girl!! Wife hates it.........but I am working on it. I am probably going to book a round in San Juan for one of the 3 days I will be there. Mexico...huh....I wish I had the (kahunas) to move somwhere in the Caribbean. I have actually looked into several businesses for sale. I was close to seriously considering a store in St Thomas. I saw 2 negatives ....the 1 the lease for the store front was up in 3 years and 2nd it was a boutique and I would not be good at that. So I keep looking....never know what I might see for sale.

Love to Golf! I'm lucky because the hotel where I work has an amazing Jack Nicklaus course and I can play it for very little money. I also want to play in San Juan and maybe in St Thomas. I think I'm going to take my son on another cruise in September with some friends I want to see how well he likes the kid's club. If he likes it a lot I'll plan more golf and if not then I'll have to wait and play golf at home :( . Do you know where you will play in SJ and how much?

I'm running out the door to work. I'll check your roll call later.

Nicole

I think I am going to play Wyndham El Conquistador Golf Club. Not sure about the price. Where is September are you planning to cruise. We are thinking about a Disney resort then cruise is September. Not sure still trying to nail down all the details. We may wait till 2006 for Disney.

I posted about the golf on your roll call so check it out.

If we go in September it will be on the Caribean Princess. My travel agent has group space and it's super cheap, I think almost half of what I'm paying for the Golden. I was considering Disney but neither route that they offer thrills me and my agent advised against it because wehn we get on the Golden my son may be disappointed. Obviously no one does kids activites like Disney.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for posting over at my roll call. I have decided to do Disney resort vacation some time 2006. We went this year and the kids had a great time. I think you are wise not to do a Disney cruise before your Nov. cruise. Have you ever taken your son to Disney World?

We are staying 2 nights after our cruises in San Juan. So maybe we should get together for a round in san Juan if at all possible. Could be fun. My email:

trevthrift@yahoo.com

Bye

Archived