QM2 Spa. Shellac/Gellish nails??

maz48

I can see on the Cunard website Spa products that they do Shellac nails on the QE and QV but it isn't mentioned for the spa on QM2.

Does anyone know if they are available on the QM2? Might need a re-do of a nail or two or even a full set so I am really surprised if they still don't offer them with them being so popular and offering them on the other two ships.

I can see on the Cunard website Spa products that they do Shellac nails on the QE and QV but it isn't mentioned for the spa on QM2.

Does anyone know if they are available on the QM2? Might need a re-do of a nail or two or even a full set so I am really surprised if they still don't offer them with them being so popular and offering them on the other two ships.

Hi

I have recently been on the QM2 and they do gellish nails which are like gel but not as hard wearing.I had them done to replace my gel nails ,they basically put ordinary nail polish on then put a hard gel coat on. They are ok but quite expensive (and charge alot for a soak off) , compared with a nail saloon at home.

Ah thank you. I think I have Gellish here so that would be good. My main reason is in case I have a mishap with a nail. It has happened hence my worries. It really shouldn't happen but you just know it will in the middle of the Atlantic!! I will make sure I have the name/number of the colour I have on just in case.

They were doing shellac nails on QM2 back in February this year.

Ah thank you. I think I have Gellish here so that would be good. My main reason is in case I have a mishap with a nail. It has happened hence my worries. It really shouldn't happen but you just know it will in the middle of the Atlantic!! I will make sure I have the name/number of the colour I have on just in case.[/quote

I am a big fan of shellac nails too.....if I was worried about a repair though I would actually take a bottle of the colour with me as I would imagine the spa only stocks a limited range. They are widely available online.

What I usually do is just take a bottle of ordinary varnish in the closest colour I can find so I can do any touch ups myself. I find this works well for me.

Such worries we have

They were doing shellac nails on QM2 back in February this year.

I thought it strange that it wasn't on their price list hen the other two ships are doing them. I am very pleased.

Ah thank you. I think I have Gellish here so that would be good. My main reason is in case I have a mishap with a nail. It has happened hence my worries. It really shouldn't happen but you just know it will in the middle of the Atlantic!! I will make sure I have the name/number of the colour I have on just in case.[/quote

I am a big fan of shellac nails too.....if I was worried about a repair though I would actually take a bottle of the colour with me as I would imagine the spa only stocks a limited range. They are widely available online.

What I usually do is just take a bottle of ordinary varnish in the closest colour I can find so I can do any touch ups myself. I find this works well for me.

Such worries we have

I guess taking a bottle of a similar colour normal polish would be the best. It is my index finger nail on my right hand that seems to catch. I think when I am trying to fasten a necklace fastener. Very annoying. I was worried i would have to go without nice nails and I have only just started having Shellac/Gellish.

I thought it strange that it wasn't on their price list hen the other two ships are doing them. I am very pleased.

I guess taking a bottle of a similar colour normal polish would be the best. It is my index finger nail on my right hand that seems to catch. I think when I am trying to fasten a necklace fastener. Very annoying. I was worried i would have to go without nice nails and I have only just started having Shellac/Gellish.

At the risk of turning this into a nail thread, that is the finger I have problems with too - guess it's used the most. I sometimes have just that one nail built up with acrylic before the shellac is put on - it makes it invincible!

That sounds a good idea. I am only on my third set and the first ones I had done that nail peeled on day 3. I was able to file it a bit and cover with some normal nail varnish and top coat but it never looked good at all. The second set I went on a cruise for 11 nights, putting on lots of jewellery and it stayed perfect - for 3 whole weeks actually!! Maybe it is the housework then!!!;)

Now this third set that nail went the very next day but not much so I filed it but by day 5 it was worse and the thumb next to it started too!! So I popped back and the technician re did those two nails.

I am just not confident going for a full 2 week cruise. But I love the nails don't you?

That sounds a good idea. I am only on my third set and the first ones I had done that nail peeled on day 3. I was able to file it a bit and cover with some normal nail varnish and top coat but it never looked good at all. The second set I went on a cruise for 11 nights, putting on lots of jewellery and it stayed perfect - for 3 whole weeks actually!! Maybe it is the housework then!!!;)

Now this third set that nail went the very next day but not much so I filed it but by day 5 it was worse and the thumb next to it started too!! So I popped back and the technician re did those two nails.

I am just not confident going for a full 2 week cruise. But I love the nails don't you?

Indeed I do Am having them done tomorrow for my cruise departing Sunday.....need to decide what colour now!

Indeed I do Am having them done tomorrow for my cruise departing Sunday.....need to decide what colour now!

I will be having that problem in just 2 weeks. Let me know which colour you chose. Lat cruise I had a nice pink with the same colour on toes with a top coat of clear silver sparkles. Toes are still great and I love them but they will have to go.

I hope you have a great cruise and don't have any nail disasters.

I will be having that problem in just 2 weeks. Let me know which colour you chose. Lat cruise I had a nice pink with the same colour on toes with a top coat of clear silver sparkles. Toes are still great and I love them but they will have to go.

I hope you have a great cruise and don't have any nail disasters.

Maz, I have had them done in a coral pink - quite bright for me but I am going where the sun will be shining hopefully!

I must thank all other QM2 thread members for tolerating our nail talk so patiently :)

Archived