Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

Should we be concerned that we dont have our E-Docs yet? I must admit that I have been very stressed at work and might have missed the delivery of them or lost them all together. Just to clarify, do these come by email (It's and E-Doc, right?) Any advice would be appreciated.

Boys, I really need this vacation!!!!

Should we be concerned that we dont have our E-Docs yet? I must admit that I have been very stressed at work and might have missed the delivery of them or lost them all together. Just to clarify, do these come by email (It's and E-Doc, right?) Any advice would be appreciated.

You normally get an email to say that your docs are ready, but then you go to the website to print them out and order your luggage tags etc.

So no need to fret :D:D

Just log on to your celebrity.com account and see what it says.

J.

There are a couple of threads going on right now about people not receiving their eDocs. Someone was told by X that if you're using ChoiceAir, they are sent out at 30 days. They say you will receive an email, but I've yet to get an email from Celebrity. I went to My Reservations one day two weeks ago anf the eDocs were there. I then ordered luggage tags, which arrived a week ago. Right after that, my TA sent me a copy of the eDocs. Still no word from X, though. ;) Just make sure you complete your registration and print up your XPress pass, which you will need to board the ship. This appears as soon as you complete online registration. If worse comes to worse, call Captain's Club tomorrow.

Hi Walter, Kim and I would be interested in the tentative Group dinner at Qsine. Please put us on the list! We also have a discount if we book a restaurant after we get on board, so keep us up to date with the date and time.

Thanks and cant wait to meet everyone.....Ted and Kim

We're also interested, Walter, and like Ted and Kim, have that onboard discount. So please keep us up to date, too. Looking forward to meeting everyone either in rome or onboard the ship. Just started packing, so it's getting close!

Hello again... I have some specifics for what I need to do to organize the group dinner for Qsine. Since the dinner reseravation consultant(s) only work M-F, I will call tomorrow and request the form that I need to complete and send back for setting up the dinner. For those people that are enterested in going, I will need to know the following information:

• Full name of each diner (first & last)
  • Room number

As I have heard from several folks, a dinner in Qsine can be up to 3 hours (maybe a bit longer). I am going to try for a 7:30 pm reservation on Thursday (03-Nov-2013). Here are the people that have expressed an interest so far:

1. vulcan1971 (Walter & Iain)
  2. TunaPiano (Craig)
  3. Schplinky (Lee & Mike)
  4. sdbart (Bart & Bob)
  5. reload (Ian & Franz)
  6. rockmartian (Ted & Kim)

Probably best to just email me directly (vulcan1971a@aim.com) and I will fill in the reservation form and submit to Celebrity once I have your information.

The date I chose is not "set in stone" just yet. I have to verify if the restaurant can accomodate our group on that day at that time. If not, I may see what is available shortly after our stop in Tenerife. For those people that do want to join the group dinner, please send your information, but also let me know if there is any particular day that will not work for you due to other dinner reservations, etc.

If anyone else would like to join or if I missed anyone that responded on the thread, please let me know this week by Friday and send the information requested above to my email. Thanks!

Walter

Edited by vulcan1971
clarification

Hey it's Randy...I've been away from home and gone from the discussion for a while...am back now. I've also had to alter my travel plans...I now will not be arriving in Rome until shortly after noon on Oct 30. Have already rebooked the flight, but now have to rebook my Rome accommodations.

I guess I'll try to get something in Travestere will be easier to get together with you guys and also share a transfer ...was looking into a great flat on airbnb at Travestre 94 but the landlady requires a three night stay and I'm going from 8 nights in Rome down to only two now... :( (have a wedding here to attend) ...

Any hotel recommendations? I'm flying business class Lufthansa so have baggage allowance of 2 checked bags 70 pounds each which is great except if I do pack heavy, it kinda makes an elevator in my accommodations rather a necessity.

Randy

Hey Randy,

Realizing you have a Mediterranean cruise and a wedding you are attending all before we meet you on the ship, I hope your world isn't too crazy.

There are a couple of threads going on right now about people not receiving their eDocs. Someone was told by X that if you're using ChoiceAir, they are sent out at 30 days. They say you will receive an email, but I've yet to get an email from Celebrity. I went to My Reservations one day two weeks ago anf the eDocs were there. I then ordered luggage tags, which arrived a week ago. Right after that, my TA sent me a copy of the eDocs. Still no word from X, though. ;) Just make sure you complete your registration and print up your XPress pass, which you will need to board the ship. This appears as soon as you complete online registration. If worse comes to worse, call Captain's Club tomorrow.

Thanks Bart for the possible reason for the Edoc/Tags delay. Yes, we are using ChoiceAir so maybe thats the problem.

I did complete the online check in and printed express pass a while back, so thats really the most important, I guess. I feel better that its not just me.....all worry is now gone.

:)

Thanks Bart for the possible reason for the Edoc/Tags delay. Yes, we are using ChoiceAir so maybe thats the problem.

I did complete the online check in and printed express pass a while back, so thats really the most important, I guess. I feel better that its not just me.....all worry is now gone.

Ted

When you logged into My Celebrity, were you able to see the link to request your baggage tags? The e-docs are a nice colorful PDF with pictures and graphics that cover all the basic bits of your specific travel arrangements made through Celebrity in a tidy 36 page document summary so you aren't missing much. However, the link to the baggage tags is far more important to me. Did you book through a travel agent or direct with Celebrity? I'd give it a few more days, but If you haven't received the RCCL email indicating the e-docs are ready, call sometime later this week, to the TA or Celebrity, to inquire on this. At the very least you should be able to request your baggage tags over the phone from Celebrity. I booked directly with Celebrity and used Choice Air. I've had my e-docs for several weeks and my baggage tags were requested at the Celebrity website the same day and arrived 5 days later.

P.S. I received your email. Thanks!

Walter

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk Beta 4

Edited by vulcan1971

If you're REALLY worried, Ted, call Captain's Club. the reps there seem a little more knowledgeable (or a lot more!) than the regular X agents. There was a discussion on the main roll call about this, but i read the following yesterday on the main boards. You are definitely not alone. :)

Bear in mind that if you have Choice Air reservations, I was told e-docs and tags not available until within the 30 day window. Why, who knows. Might be that the air segment needs to be finalized or the cruise person didn't know what they were talking about, not the first time. Was able to print my Xpress Pass. But have to wait for the invitation to print the remainder. Bummer.

True. My E docs became available at the 28 day mark. I was told they were delayed by Choice Air, which they say are done last.

Hey Randy,

Realizing you have a Mediterranean cruise and a wedding you are attending all before we meet you on the ship, I hope your world isn't too crazy.

Hey Walter,

My world is always crazy! LOL But I just have the wedding that delays my departure to Rome, I don't have a Mediterranean cruise--that must be someone else.....(I DID, however just get back home from the Solstice America's Cup 10 day cruise (FABU!...we had the MOST incredible view from Sunset Bar of some of the practice and two of the races!!) followed by a week in Vegas and Palm Springs.

I've also rebooked my steerage accommodations to CC class stateroom 1696 (center aft penthouse deck) on the Reflection cruise.

Also, I booked my new hotel for my shorter stay in Rome. It's the H10 Roma Citta which came up under Trastevere hotels, but I found out after I booked it's actually Trastevere-adjacent in Marconi. Oh well, only there two nights anyway.

Now I still have to book my transfer from Rome to the Ship...if any one is still interested in sharing, Please let me know (I am solo), otherwise, I'll just book a private transfer.

Randy

Edited by AndersonIslander

Hey Walter,

My world is always crazy! LOL But I just have the wedding that delays my departure to Rome, I don't have a Mediterranean cruise--that must be someone else.....(I DID, however just get back home from the Solstice America's Cup 10 day cruise (FABU!...we had the MOST incredible view from Sunset Bar of some of the practice and two of the races!!) followed by a week in Vegas and Palm Springs.

I've also rebooked my steerage accommodations to CC class stateroom 1696 (center aft penthouse deck) on the Reflection cruise.

Also, I booked my new hotel for my shorter stay in Rome. It's the H10 Roma Citta which came up under Trastevere hotels, but I found out after I booked it's actually Trastevere-adjacent in Marconi. Oh well, only there two nights anyway.

Now I still have to book my transfer from Rome to the Ship...if any one is still interested in sharing, Please let me know (I am solo), otherwise, I'll just book a private transfer.

Randy

Randy -

Welcome back to the thread! :D

I figured out my confusion... the other solo traveler (TunaPiano, a.k.a. Craig) is doing a cruise from Venice to Rome on the Norwegian Jade and will be in Rome for 6 days prior to our Reflection sailing. I crossed info in my head knowing that you two are both solo travelers. :confused:

We can get Bart (sdbart) to update your location on the ship deckplan for the cruise website and maybe he (or Paul) can list you on the cruise website regarding your need for a ride to the port. They have been able to play "matchmaker" for several passengers that were looking to share a ride to the port on embarkation day.

Walter

Hello...

I indicated in my previous postings that I would leave this invitation open through the end of this week. So far, there has been interest from a total of 12 persons. This will make for a nice sized group - not too small or too large. With that said, I will close this open invitation and work with those individuals that have communicated to me by email to provide their contact info, name and room number.

Thanks to all... and looking forward to dining with many more of you in Blu and other venues around the ship! :D

Walter

Hello...

I indicated in my previous postings that I would leave this invitation open through the end of this week. So far, there has been interest from a total of 12 persons. This will make for a nice sized group - not too small or too large. With that said, I will close this open invitation and work with those individuals that have communicated to me by email to provide their contact info, name and room number.

Thanks to all... and looking forward to dining with many more of you in Blu and other venues around the ship! :D

Hey Walter

As previously communicated a public thanks for your efforts.

Went over to the other roll call for a peruse, gave up speed reading after a few pages, wow!! Info overload.:confused:

i & f

Randy -

Welcome back to the thread! :D

I figured out my confusion... the other solo traveler (TunaPiano, a.k.a. Craig) is doing a cruise from Venice to Rome on the Norwegian Jade and will be in Rome for 6 days prior to our Reflection sailing. I crossed info in my head knowing that you two are both solo travelers. :confused:

We can get Bart (sdbart) to update your location on the ship deckplan for the cruise website and maybe he (or Paul) can list you on the cruise website regarding your need for a ride to the port. They have been able to play "matchmaker" for several passengers that were looking to share a ride to the port on embarkation day.

Walter

If you want to join the main roll call, Randy, let me know and you can request to have your info posted. A number of us are totally out to the group and most have been very supportive. Lots of well wishes when we announced weddings.

Hello...

Hey Walter

As previously communicated a public thanks for your efforts.

Went over to the other roll call for a peruse, gave up speed reading after a few pages, wow!! Info overload.:confused:

i & f

Yeah, it's an active roll call. In the last 18 months, we've had almost 5000 posts. I don't think I'd even try to wade through them all at this point. I AM looking forward to meeting the men on this roll call.

If you want to join the main roll call, Randy, let me know and you can request to have your info posted. A number of us are totally out to the group and most have been very supportive. Lots of well wishes when we announced weddings.

Walter...Thanks, but I put my info on the main roll call ages ago...I'll put a post up there noting my stateroom change...

Randy

Walter,

I think a group dinner at Qsine is a great idea! Count me in if others are interested.

Craig

Hi Craig...Randy here. Walter mentioned you are traveling solo, as am I.

I was wondering if you have arranged for your transfer from Rome to the Ship...I have yet to arrange mine and thought it might be appropriate to ask if you were interested in sharing a private transfer (I know a very good service in Rome)...

Please let me know if you are interested..

Thanks!

Randy :D

Walter...Thanks, but I put my info on the main roll call ages ago...I'll put a post up there noting my stateroom change...

Randy

Somehow i missed you, Randy. I just added you to the deck plans. See you soon.

Somehow i missed you, Randy. I just added you to the deck plans. See you soon.

OOPS...brain lapse on my part. You probably didn't have me because I may be thinking of signing up for the stuff on my very recently completed America's Cup cruise on Solstice instead of the TA on Reflection. So do I understand correctly there is a separate website you established with the deck plans?

Edited by AndersonIslander

OOPS...brain lapse on my part. You probably didn't have me because I may be thinking of signing up for the stuff on my very recently completed America's Cup cruise on Solstice instead of the TA on Reflection. So do I understand correctly there is a separate website you established with the deck plans?

Randy, YES! The roll call has it's own website, with all sorts of good info, from pax photos to ride sharing to maps of the ports to on board activities. I post interactive deck plans that shows everyone's cabins. It's a good resource. You are on the deck plans now, but it won't be posted online until Wednesday. Two more cabin changes came in this morning. The main roll call is approaching 5000 posts!