Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

Hey Russell, we're already booked on the Marina Lisbon to Rio in Nov '14. Hope we can discuss the cruise on the Reflection. I've already started working on Walter and Iain to join us. Looking forward to meeting everyone, even those part of the unwashed masses. ;-)

Thanks Bart, fun to look forward to late 2014 already :) I will be way down on deck 9 in 9145...way at the back, but next door to the OS...maybe we will be neighbours? ;)

And the other 2 of the 'unwashed masses' will also be within spitting distance HAHA

I probably would if it was not a Prime Rib - I am not into fat or bones.

Now Filet Mignon on the other hand, or even a Sirloin is more my quality cut of beef :)

The swimmers build to buff/stocky of beef. :D

I do like a good piece of prime rib, but not 32 ounces of it. I agree with Jonathon as I really like a good NY Strip, filet, or ribeye.

The ribeyes at Tuscan Grill are pretty good. My recollection is they came with a small cast iron pan of mac n cheese.

Not sure if you all know about this but Celebrity offers specialty dining packages. You can buy 3, 4, or 5 dinners for a reduced price. The restaurant options are already selected depending on which package you buy but the savings are tremendous if you want to try several venues. I will be buying one of those packages, but haven't settled on which one.

Hey Guys,

I was on the SihouetteTA in April and some of my friends bought the dining packages before and after they got on the ship; I did not. About half way through the cruise (I think it was day 7-8) they started offering discounts of 25%-30% off. The last 4 to 5 days they were offering 50% discounts because they were trying to fill the restaurants. The discounts were different depending on the restaurant. They were even walking around the ship and approaching people with the offers. Just sayin, you may want to wait.

Enjoy, these ships are just beautiful.

Interesting news. We inquired about that on the Eclipse TA two years ago and got a flat NO. There were never specials. Wonder if the new prices aren't going over well. All the same, the packages are a stunning value. I'll try to find out the current prices and compare to see what discount you get by using the package.

I figured I would chime in quickly and say that I had heard from other cruisers that book in Auqa Class that it is sometimes common to see the discounts for specialty dining offered directly to Aqua guests waiting to be seated in Blu on the first night and periodically there after to reduce the visible number of guests waiting to be seated in Blu.

This is my first time on a Solstice class ship and in Aqua class rooms so I will be too thrilled for this experience to know if my expectations are being met based on others feedback. I have worked in the Food/Beverage industry many years ago so I know how impatient people can get over the smallest little things and give negative impressions when in reality, the situation probably wasn't as bad as described. At the end of the day, you are on a cruise and unless your food comes out cold, overcooked, or tossed on to you while serving, it cannot be that bad of an experience... in my humble opinion. <LOL> :D

Walter

Not sure if you all know about this but Celebrity offers specialty dining packages. You can buy 3, 4, or 5 dinners for a reduced price. The restaurant options are already selected depending on which package you buy but the savings are tremendous if you want to try several venues. I will be buying one of those packages, but haven't settled on which one.

OK - so keep in mind - you have dinner in Blu - and then you need REAL dinner :)

Sorry - could not resist :D

OK - so keep in mind - you have dinner in Blu - and then you need REAL dinner :)

Sorry - could not resist :D

I will hold you to that... LOL

Now that all three of you are in suites, I will be sure to get you all to dinner in Blu so you can experience it again, hopefully for the better.

I will hold you to that... LOL

Now that all three of you are in suites, I will be sure to get you all to dinner in Blu so you can experience it again, hopefully for the better.

Ummm - we were always in suites :) I am still dying to see who is in a Reflection Suite - I would love to go into that shower.

Surely you know I am more Grizzly bear than Panda bear. ;)

However we might go have some bamboo with you.

As a starter :)

Ummm - we were always in suites :) I am still dying to see who is in a Reflection Suite - I would love to go into that shower.

Surely you know I am more Grizzly bear than Panda bear. ;)

However we might go have some bamboo with you.

As a starter :)

My apologies... I thought you upgraded to a suite recently. I think all of us will enjoy the food we eat wherever we dine. However, I do look forward to having flexibility to dine more places this time around.

I checked out the prices on the 5 meal specialty package. I'll put in brackets what each place would cost on its own.

When you book the package online, all you book is on of the first two nights in Murano (normally $45). Then you book one night in Qsine ($45), two nights in the Tuscan Grill ($35) and a night at the Lawn Club ($40) once you get onboard. Without the package, those places would add up to $200. The package is $139. For us, that was a reasonable value, knowing we've locked in 30% off for the 5 meals. Of course, if X wants to offer us half off another meal in Qsine to keep us from standing in line at Blu, we'd likely jump at that, too.

I stopped reading at mac and cheese - oh okay those were actually the last words :)

Now add mashed potatoes and I am totally there

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jonathan - are you saying you don't like mac & cheese?

I checked out the prices on the 5 meal specialty package. I'll put in brackets what each place would cost on its own.

When you book the package online, all you book is on of the first two nights in Murano (normally $45). Then you book one night in Qsine ($45), two nights in the Tuscan Grill ($35) and a night at the Lawn Club ($40) once you get onboard. Without the package, those places would add up to $200. The package is $139. For us, that was a reasonable value, knowing we've locked in 30% off for the 5 meals. Of course, if X wants to offer us half off another meal in Qsine to keep us from standing in line at Blu, we'd likely jump at that, too.

I agree that the package is a great deal. I am definitely planning to try each restaurant once so most likely I will sign up for a dining package, but thinking that I will wait till I am on the ship. Our suite booking also has included two sets of passes to book at any specialty dining restaurant. I should be able to try everything at least one time if I also book the 5-dining package.

I'm pretty certain our friends Russell, Jonathan, and Randy will want to try a couple different specialty restaurants so I am hoping to book as a group once they have confirmed their intersts in various restaurants. :D

Walter

Thanks Bart, fun to look forward to late 2014 already :) I will be way down on deck 9 in 9145...way at the back, but next door to the OS...maybe we will be neighbours? ;)

And the other 2 of the 'unwashed masses' will also be within spitting distance HAHA

I was reviewing the Marina floor plans over the weekend and saw your room location... very nice! I will have to wait and wonder for the next 15-16 months before I find out where I will be staying. :p

Walter

Hey guys,

Sorry it took me so long to give you guys an update on the Reflection.

We just got back from a caribbean cruise on the Reflection. The ship is beautiful. She is one deck more then the other solstice ships, the spa area is COMPLETELY different with a different layout. The men's change room is the same size (small) the sauna is a bit bigger and they have changed it a bit, adding a seat and small little change area beside it. The spa reception is quite a walk from the gym and change rooms, there are two hallways, one goes direct to the gym/saunas/persian gardens and the other hall goes straight to the spa.

Blu has not changed in size, but they have added more tables, service was great depending what section you were in.... No real change on any of the restaurants. Deck 15 now has outdoor restaurant the lawn grill, its on some of the other ships as well, but we had never dined there until this cruise. It was GREAT.

We stayed in the aqua suites, they were GREAT. Lots of room, its a stateroom and a half. So lots of storage and the bathroom has a tub. you get the butler and you get the Bulgari soaps and lotions and shampoo, which is much better then the regular aqua class.

They had FOD meeting at 10:15pm at Molecular bar:eek:, by monday WE were all meeting at the martini bar at 7pm.

We met some great guys that are going to join us on this T/A cruise as well!

Its going to be a great cruise, I'm looking forward to meeting you guys!:D

Looks like you are getting ready to take off on another cruise... oh, how I am envious. But that will make savoring the trip to Rome all that much more exciting. Have a great sailing!

Walter

So looking forward to this trip! Everyone once in a while I forget we're going. That's the hazard of planning so far in advance!

Hey Lee,

I seem to recall at some point I asked for your email address, probably on the str8 board and now so many pages have been written and I cannot seem to find it in the mix of all the other comments. Anyway, why don't you send me a quick note at vulcan1971a@yahoo.com so we can chat about cruise planning and Rome. Talk to you soon.

Walter

p.s. Iain and I were in Quebec City (2nights/3days) over the American Memorial Day weekend. We had a great time. :)

I'm wondering what all the other posters from this board are doing this summer? Busy with life in general? Researching the ship or things to do while on board? It would be great to hear from some of you. Hopefully the board will pick up as we get closer to sailing.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

I'm wondering what all the other posters from this board are doing this summer? Busy with life in general? Researching the ship or things to do while on board? It would be great to hear from some of you. Hopefully the board will pick up as we get closer to sailing.

Sent from my Samsung Note II on the T-Mobile LTE 4G network using Tapatalk Beta 4

We're heading to Rehoboth Beach for a week in July but otherwise, not a lot on this summer.

We're heading to Rehoboth Beach for a week in July but otherwise, not a lot on this summer.

You should let me know the dates and maybe I can come down for the day. It's only a 2 hour drive for me.

Oops, I missed this post; sorry for not answering sooner. We're even lower than you are, so I guess even more unwashed masses.:) We're way up in the front on deck 7, but we got one of the triple-sized balconies, which is why I picked that cabin. We're also going to be closer to the water, which is a big plus. I plan to ask for a couple of loungers, so there will be room for all of us on that balcony!

I was reviewing the Marina floor plans over the weekend and saw your room location... very nice! I will have to wait and wonder for the next 15-16 months before I find out where I will be staying. :p

Walter

You're going to be in a PH, Walter. How bad could it be? ;)

You're going to be in a PH, Walter. How bad could it be? ;)

Don't get me wrong as I'm not complaining... I'm just used to planning every aspect of my cruise vacation, including cabin selection. This will be the first time that I have not picked out the cabin in advance. In some ways it will allow me to have a bit of surprise in the vacation that I've planned.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not complaining... I'm just used to planning every aspect of my cruise vacation, including cabin selection. This will be the first time that I have not picked out the cabin in advance. In some ways it will allow me to have a bit of surprise in the vacation that I've planned.

I know the feeling. People have told me that you may find out your cabin long before sailing time. And you may also be offered an upsell as sailing time draws near, where O will offer you a more expensive cabin/suite for much less than the going rate. Someone on the main boards was in a PH gty and ended up in one of the ones on the stern with the HUGE extended wrap around balcony (it looks like it could hold 20 people comfortably). You may be in for a really nice surprise. BTW, I pour over deck plans and flight schedules, too—way in advance. Sometimes in works to my advantage, sometimes it doesn't. It's like a game, more fun than anything else for me.