Problems on Pacifica?

lisiamc

I'm wondering if there are engine or other problems on Pacifica right now. We just received a revised itinerary for our cruise on 15th December, shortening all of the port stops by an hour or so.

Also we were in Civitavecchia last month on October 13th and 14th, and Pacifica was at the dock on both days, no people around, no smoke from the smoke stack, no signs of activity near her at all (when we were watching, anyway.) She had left Civitavecchia by the 21st, when our Navigator of the Seas cruise finished.

So I'm only guessing but I wonder if something is waiting for repair on Pacifica. Has anyone heard anything?

I'm wondering if there are engine or other problems on Pacifica right now. We just received a revised itinerary for our cruise on 15th December, shortening all of the port stops by an hour or so.

Also we were in Civitavecchia last month on October 13th and 14th, and Pacifica was at the dock on both days, no people around, no smoke from the smoke stack, no signs of activity near her at all (when we were watching, anyway.) She had left Civitavecchia by the 21st, when our Navigator of the Seas cruise finished.

So I'm only guessing but I wonder if something is waiting for repair on Pacifica. Has anyone heard anything?

My Favolosa cruise next June has had identical itinerary alterations, means a slower/longer run tween ports. I was notified by letter from my agent about three weeks ago.

I doubt it is anything more than fuel economy measures and possibly pilotage/berthing times in the ports.

My Favolosa cruise next June has had identical itinerary alterations, means a slower/longer run tween ports. I was notified by letter from my agent about three weeks ago.

I doubt it is anything more than fuel economy measures and possibly pilotage/berthing times in the ports.

Oh, ok. I hadn't thought about those reasons. Much more reassuring than what I was thinking! :p Thanks!

Our Magica cruise next month has also had identical alterations. We were not notified, but found out by chance when logging in to the Costa website to do the electronic check-in.

It seems Costa is changing the port times of all their sailings.

Archived