Olympus Tough tg1 updates and tips please

cjm66

I have used mine in my pool and snorkeling. I think it does a great job. I havent played with the settings much but in the water I just leave it one the underwater setting. I like that it takes good pictures out of the water too, so I dont have to carry 2 cameras. Cant wait to try it out when we cruise to Grand Cayman in Dec. Just hope it's not to cold to go snorkeling then

I recently upgraded to this from a 1030SW and found most all of the controls to be identical. Nice. Short learning curve! The effects settings are interesting to play with, but I doubt I will use them much.

One thing I learned is to avoid using the flash underwater iff at all possible. The on camera flash will highlight every spec that is floating around and make your shot look like there was dust all over the lens.

I also check to make sure no air bubbles are clinging to the lens once underwater. Had this happen more than once, so now check every time.

I haven't tried the underwater video yet. will try that out on our upcoming B2B.

Thanks everyone. Just in time for Lifou on Friday - hoping to do some snorkeling there. I hope my underwater shots are better than my attempts at eclipse photography.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Archived