Wine Permitted to Carry Onboard Now

gw2fll

Now that we can bring two bottles of wine per cabin, and that we will begin getting two complimentary bottles of wine for our D+ level, we certainly will not be buying this package! But great for those who will, if this proves to be factual.

When did this happen????

Does this apply to all passengers or you have to be at a certain level?

And is this policy on all RCI ships?????

When did this happen????

Does this apply to all passengers or you have to be at a certain level?

And is this policy on all RCI ships?????

Royal changed their policy on Nov 1. Applies to all guests, all ships, 2 bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed to be brought on board upon initial embarkation.

Edited by clarea

Just got off phone with my vacation planner from RCCL. He said "in groups that have booked 8 or more rooms the packages are available". He was "unaware" of any at the is present time, but did verify that its in the works. "It probably will be introduced on the higher end sailing (Allure Oasis) because RCCL doesnt want to be know as the year round spring break cruise. We like our family clients and want to accomadate them". But being that I am sailing Dec. 14th I had to ask. Myself, I love my Miller Lites. Grab the first one at 11 and have a couple an hour. If I remember the 16oz can was 5.25 and that means by 3 I am even. I would have to rebook, but my 22 y/o in room with me and 20 y/o in room with DW. DW doesnt drink but 1 or 2 a day but 22 y/o DD drinks like Daddy......lol

Just got off phone with my vacation planner from RCCL. He said "in groups that have booked 8 or more rooms the packages are available". He was "unaware" of any at the is present time, but did verify that its in the works. "It probably will be introduced on the higher end sailing (Allure Oasis) because RCCL doesnt want to be know as the year round spring break cruise. We like our family clients and want to accomadate them". But being that I am sailing Dec. 14th I had to ask. Myself, I love my Miller Lites. Grab the first one at 11 and have a couple an hour. If I remember the 16oz can was 5.25 and that means by 3 I am even. I would have to rebook, but my 22 y/o in room with me and 20 y/o in room with DW. DW doesnt drink but 1 or 2 a day but 22 y/o DD drinks like Daddy......lol

I like how you think. :D

Just boarded the Jewel a few hours ago. Haven't seen anything about the package yet.

I did however have zero issues bringing 2 bottles of wine and 2 6 packs of Perrier on board. Didn't even ask to look at them or anything.

Edited by sr4mjc

Seems like this program is hit or miss- I called RCI today to ask about this on my upcoming cruise and the rep told me they are only offering the ulimited drink program on cruises in Asia, soooo who knows. This is all rumor unless some can post a link to an article or can provide unrefutable evidence such as a receipt or photo this has actually been implemented.

Seems like this program is hit or miss- I called RCI today to ask about this on my upcoming cruise and the rep told me they are only offering the ulimited drink program on cruises in Asia, soooo who knows. This is all rumor unless some can post a link to an article or can provide unrefutable evidence such as a receipt or photo this has actually been implemented.

Here you go.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/cruiselog/2012/11/29/royal-caribbean-oasis-allure-of-the-seas-alcohol-packages/1734393/

Here you go.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5096

We are cruising in Feb on the Oasis- and always wanted a package like this- but now when you add up the dollars- its seems like I am going to just pay as I go- and heck try hard to drink the 850 dollars worth- just to see if I can- for some reason it seems to make me feel like i won't be so concerned about the price- since I will be comparing it to the 850 dollar price tag. So its a very good thing for me- even it I do not pay for it- its feels like a ticket to roll.

2 ships experimenting with the idea means absolutely nothing....lols

You might want to go back and read the title of the thread :rolleyes: especially the part in ALL CAPS

I am on the Allure today and it is true! $55 per person plus 15% gratuity. Both of us had to do it.

Includes: all house wine, beers (under $6.25), fountain soda, well, call or premium brands of liquor and frozen drinks.

Excludes: room service, specialty coffee, mini bar, canned soda, bottled water, and bottled juices.

Hi

I have 2 questions for package on the Allure since I'm going in 10 days

1) Has anyone purchased one package and share the package it with your room guest?

How would they know if you buy one drink on the package for yourself and then buy another drink for your wife with the same card package.

2) Does the package include the soda coke freestyle machine?

thanks

Hi

1) Has anyone purchased one package and share the package it with your room guest?

How would they know if you buy one drink on the package for yourself and then buy another drink for your wife with the same card package.

thanks

This is why the require both people to buy the package in the room.

Hi

thanks

This is exactly why both people in a stateroom must purchase the package.

No corkage fees, right??????? I just wanna be certain! :D

No corkage fees if you keep the bottle in your stateroom. If you take the bottle to the dining room, specialty restaurant, or bar, you pay $25 per bottle.

This is exactly why both people in a stateroom must purchase the package.

We were both on TOP of it! It's people trying to cheat the system that makes the package that much.. im sure they build that in to the price that they believe a certain amount of people will try to "share"

I can tell you the drinks packages will be available on the Indy, Navigator, Brilliance and the Adventure because RCCL UK are offering them free on the following transatlantic sailings if you book in November, be quick, it ends today!

This is currently on the UK website:

Free Premium Drinks Package

Save up to $825 per adult!

When you book a Transatlantic Cruise with Royal Caribbean International you’re guaranteed to love all the time you’ll have to explore on board. Of course, one of the most amazing things about a cruise with us is just how much is included in the price - from accommodation and main dining, to a huge range on onboard activities and entertainment, plus loads more too.

Now, when you book on selected Transatlantic Sailings by 30th November 2012, you can enjoy even more included in the price. We’ll give you a FREE Premium Drinks package when you reserve a Balcony Stateroom or Suite on board any of these Transatlantic Itineraries—absolutely free!

Independence of the Seas, 13 Night Transatlantic (Fort Lauderdale to Southampton), departing 7 April 2013

Adventure of the Seas, 14 Night Transatlantic (San Juan to Southampton), departing 21 April 2013

Navigator of the Seas, 15 Night Transatlantic (New Orleans to Rome), departing 6 April 2013

Brilliance of the Seas, 10 Night Transatlantic (San Juan to Lisbon), departing 13th April 2013

Your FREE Premium Drinks Package is valued at $55 per guest per day (so two adults on the Navigator of the Seas itinerary could save up to $1650!) and includes all house wine, beers (under $6.25), fountain soft drinks, local and premium brand spirits and frozen drinks! So, you’ll have plenty of choices to rehydrate after an active day on deck, and a great selection of beers, wines and spirits to complement the incredible dining you’ll find on board.

It was such a good deal we just had to book one!!:D

Edited by abbafan

I can tell you the drinks packages will be available on the Indy, Navigator, Brilliance and the Adventure because RCCL UK are offering them free on the following transatlantic sailings if you book in November, be quick, it ends today!

This is currently on the UK website:

Free Premium Drinks Package

Save up to $825 per adult!

When you book a Transatlantic Cruise with Royal Caribbean International you’re guaranteed to love all the time you’ll have to explore on board. Of course, one of the most amazing things about a cruise with us is just how much is included in the price - from accommodation and main dining, to a huge range on onboard activities and entertainment, plus loads more too.

Now, when you book on selected Transatlantic Sailings by 30th November 2012, you can enjoy even more included in the price. We’ll give you a FREE Premium Drinks package when you reserve a Balcony Stateroom or Suite on board any of these Transatlantic Itineraries—absolutely free!

Independence of the Seas, 13 Night Transatlantic (Fort Lauderdale to Southampton), departing 7 April 2013

Adventure of the Seas, 14 Night Transatlantic (San Juan to Southampton), departing 21 April 2013

Navigator of the Seas, 15 Night Transatlantic (New Orleans to Rome), departing 6 April 2013

Brilliance of the Seas, 10 Night Transatlantic (San Juan to Lisbon), departing 13th April 2013

Your FREE Premium Drinks Package is valued at $55 per guest per day (so two adults on the Navigator of the Seas itinerary could save up to $1650!) and includes all house wine, beers (under $6.25), fountain soft drinks, local and premium brand spirits and frozen drinks! So, you’ll have plenty of choices to rehydrate after an active day on deck, and a great selection of beers, wines and spirits to complement the incredible dining you’ll find on board.

It was such a good deal we just had to book one!!:D

Very interesting. Definitely a nice incentive for people to book a balcony or higher on one of these cruises.

We were both on TOP of it! It's people trying to cheat the system that makes the package that much.. im sure they build that in to the price that they believe a certain amount of people will try to "share"

STEAL is the word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This might seem like a dumb question, but I guess I should ask it anyway....

My fiance is not an excessive liquor consumer, but he IS going to want a drink now and then, I already know this. :D I, however, am a diabetic and can't partake. Now, it's no problem for us to buy the package as a couple, but ... my question is this: can those "drinks of the day" be made without the alcohol? I've loved them every time I've had them, and if they can be done without alcohol, I'll happily purchase the package just as if they WERE made the proper way.

If that's not possible, we may skip the liquor package, because he's not going to be able to consume 110+ dollars a day worth of drink, no matter how hard he might try. :D

EDIT: This question is for when it's rolled out on all ships - I'm aware that it's not available on our particular ship as of yet.

Edited by Cathalain

This might seem like a dumb question, but I guess I should ask it anyway....

My fiance is not an excessive liquor consumer, but he IS going to want a drink now and then, I already know this. :D I, however, am a diabetic and can't partake. Now, it's no problem for us to buy the package as a couple, but ... my question is this: can those "drinks of the day" be made without the alcohol? I've loved them every time I've had them, and if they can be done without alcohol, I'll happily purchase the package just as if they WERE made the proper way.

If that's not possible, we may skip the liquor package, because he's not going to be able to consume 110+ dollars a day worth of drink, no matter how hard he might try. :D

EDIT: This question is for when it's rolled out on all ships - I'm aware that it's not available on our particular ship as of yet.

I believe that if you get a note from your doctor saying that you are unable to drink alcohol, your fiance may be able to purchase the package just for himself. As for the drinks of the day, without alcohol you are really just getting a mix of ice and juices. I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem with the package, although you could probably order some mixture like that a la carte for much less than the advertised DOD price. If you are referring to virgin frozen drinks, I'm sure the package would include those as well, but--again--the price for a virgin frozen drink is much less than a regular one, thus making the package even less cost-effective.

If you are able to purchase the package just for him, then that might be the best way to go and just pay per drink for the non-alcoholic drinks that you consume.

Enjoy!

I have 2 questions if anybody knows. Are shots include? Do you get a sticker on your card? Sorry another question, what if you want to buy a drink for yourself and somebody else? How would that work?

I don't think any of the information that has trickled in thus far has mentioned anything about shots. Premium liquors are apparently included, so it shouldn't really matter whether they give you the liquor on its own or mixed with some soda or juice. However, some bars exclude shots from open bar packages, so it wouldn't be crazy if RCI did the same.

I believe they give you a sticker on your card. If you buy a drink for yourself and someone else, they will just charge you for the second drink. If both you and your companion both have the package (which would most likely be the case), someone posted that you can bring both cards to the bar and get two drinks at that one time.