Anyone Cruised W Carrib In Aug ??

Laurie715

we were diverted to the w caribbean last august because of the hurricanes. it was not the itinerary we hoped for but we had a great time. the weather was beautiful and the seas calm. not too hot for me i enjoy the heat. it really was unbearable there are always sea breezes. we had great beach days in port and lovely pool weather onboard. just pray the weather cooperates.

We heading out in August too, but we aren't too worried about the heat. In fact, the hotter the better in our opinion, but we are from Minnesota so there may be some cold-climate related mental issues in play...

The below is a little disconcerting (again, in our opinion), but hey, a cruisin' we will go!

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2005/s2438.htm

I hope you have a great cruise in any case! :D

We cruised the western in mid-August a few years ago, and had a great time. It was warm and humid and we had more rain than we usually have experienced, but it was not overwhelming. I recall the temps being in the mid-to-upper 80's, but with the ocean breezes, it didn't seem uncomfortable at all.

we did the western caribbean last August also as well as the eastern the year before.... yes it was hot on land especially when we went to cozumel and did the tour of the Mayan ruins but didn't mind it, and yes the sea breeze is great while sailing the only problem I have is on the deck while going to the pool from your chair, the decking is very hot if you are walking barefooted it is uncomfortable.

My mom and I cruised Western Caribbean last August :) The weather was great! We had absolutely no rain. It was right after those hurricanes had gone through so it was really nice. Key West was hot of course, but not too bad humidity-wise that I remember. Cayman was HOT, as was Cozumel but it was a great time!

The weather was fab for us, hope it is for you as well!

Archived