packing just a carryon- its not easy!

lablondie

going on the Magic this Saturday, and i have a connecting flight in the morning,,,, yikes, so I refuse to check a bag in worries that it will not make it to Houston. packing for a week cruise in a carryon suitcase is not easy! anyone else do it?

the problem is the shoes! ugh, one pair of heels, one pair of flip flops (platform) and running sneakers, takes up half the darn suitcase!

going on the Magic this Saturday, and i have a connecting flight in the morning,,,, yikes, so I refuse to check a bag in worries that it will not make it to Houston. packing for a week cruise in a carryon suitcase is not easy! anyone else do it?

the problem is the shoes! ugh, one pair of heels, one pair of flip flops (platform) and running sneakers, takes up half the darn suitcase!

Well, if you wear the running sneakers, that's only 2 pairs of shoes to pack, and, if you can do without the platform part and just get regular flip-flops that saves even more space.

Remember, generally everyone else won't remember what you wore yesterday (much less 3 days ago), so wear stuff that mixes (3 shirts & 3 pants/shorts will do).

And, there are washers for a quick load, if necessary.

:)

Get a good sized backpack to use as your 2nd carryon. We each pack 1 carryon suitcase and 1 backpack on every vacation. We also wear clothes multiples times and do laundry. Purex sheets are small enough to pack and no fear of damage to clothes. Rolling clothes gets more in less space too.

Get a good sized backpack to use as your 2nd carryon. We each pack 1 carryon suitcase and 1 backpack on every vacation. We also wear clothes multiples times and do laundry. Purex sheets are small enough to pack and no fear of damage to clothes. Rolling clothes gets more in less space too.

The Purex sheets are no longer being made. There are several types of detergent that have individual load pods (liquid) available. I didn't care for the Purex sheets - they left spots on our clothes that took several additonal launderings at home to remove.

We usually visit our local 99 cent store and purchase a box of detergent (good for at least 7 or 8 loads) and leave the extra in the laundry room when were done with it. It's cheaper than the single load boxes onboard ($1.00 or $2.00 on the different ships).

I couldn't do it! We pack two outfits a day! one for day and one for dinner! plus pj's, swim stuff and extras.

I refuse to wash on vacation.

When we flew last night, i had to pack lighter...my formal dress takes up half the suitcase!

I did learn to make sure i have change of clothes and tooth brush in carry on. Our stuff didn't make it till day 2 last time.

Well, if you wear the running sneakers, that's only 2 pairs of shoes to pack, and, if you can do without the platform part and just get regular flip-flops that saves even more space.

Remember, generally everyone else won't remember what you wore yesterday (much less 3 days ago), so wear stuff that mixes (3 shirts & 3 pants/shorts will do).

And, there are washers for a quick load, if necessary.

Yup. Laundry - only if absolutely necessry - and at wee hours.

Fabreze is my friend. :) And Wrinkle Release..;)....

Laundry - only if absolutely necessry - and at wee hours.

Fabreze is my friend. :) And Wrinkle Release..;)....

We've found the best time to do laundry is early in the morning (especially on a port day) and during dinner. Put in the wash as you go to dinner, excuse yourself at the proper time to run down and switch it to the dryer (usually around the time between appitizer and entree), and then again during the break between entree and desert move clothes to your room (fold later, just lay out so no wrinkles.)

Archived