Please Help - Men's Tuxes Question

Here's a logistics question. We're taking a 7 night cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale (Caribbean Princess sailing 5/27/06), and we'd like the men to wear tuxes. I know we can order the tuxes from cruiselineformal.com, but we'd like to order a different color vest than the ones available through the rental company. Did anyone else have this problem? Were you able to order special items for the cruise, or through a regular tux rental company?

We were going to have the guys wear khaki or tan slacks and matching shirts, but they all requested to wear tuxes--go figure :)

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Traci

We ran into a similar problem when renting our tuxes. We went to Men's Warehouse and they wanted to charge us double for renting the tuxes for the full 7 days! Crazy, huh? So, we went to a smaller tux shop here in Miami and he does many weddings in the Caribbean so he said it was NO problem renting the tuxes for a full week for the same price as one day. He also had a HUGE selection with many ties, vests, etc (books and books of choices). He keeps all his stock on site so people e mailed him their measurements, and the groom picked up all the tuxes 2 days before boarding the ship. The night before boarding the groom took the tuxes to the hotel where everyone was staying and had everyone try them on to make sure the fit. The owner of the tux shop was standing by to do any swapping of pieces Saturday morning that would be necessary, but they all fit like a glove, no problems. He then sent a courier to pick up the tuxes from the hotel upon return as we left for our honeymoon and couldn't pick them up. It all worked out beautifully and the tuxes were very nice. Plus, the guys got to wear them twice, for the wedding and formal night so for 99 bucks, it was a good deal! Maybe you can find a similar small, local shop where you are and bring them with you or you could try and use someone here locally in FL too. Just some possible options. We didn't go through the cruiseline for the same reason you aren't, they didn't have much of a selection of vests and such but probably could have rented the tuxes through the cruiseline and the vests and ties through the shop we ordered through here in FL, I wouldn't imagine it would have been an issue.

Good Luck!

Kadiebug-

We're taking the same cruise that you did. is your tux guy in the FLL area? FI and I will fly in two days in advance and we could pick up all the tuxes then. Would you mind sharing his info? $99 is a fantastic price.

Thanks!

Traci

Hi Traci,

He's actually in the Coral Gables (an area of Miami) area. It's about 25 minutes from FLL area. This is his store: http://www.acetuxedos.com/page2.html (his website is a bit cheesy, but he's a small store, not a chain so I guess it's to be expected LOL) He could probably e mail you some pictures and style options.

You might be able to work out a deal with him that if you pick up the tuxes he can send a courier to get them upon your return or something. He's a very nice guy and was more than willing to work with us on any and all issues. You can tell him he came highly recommended from the cruise bride and groom Kadie and Mike. :)

Kadie-

Thank you sooo much! btw, your hubbies name is a good one--my future husband is also a Mike :)

One other favor to ask, would you mind e-mailing me the seating chart and menu for sabatinis? I know I'm aways out, but it will help me visualize. my e-mail is traci_gavzer@yahoo.com.

Thanks again! I will definitely tell the tuxedo place you sent us.

Traci

Archived