Question about room fixes.

A02

In another thread, a reviewer had the same room I'll have in September on the Zui (6165) and complained of huge stains on the carpet as well as a toilet that worked off-and-on.

"Our cabin, 6165, was sub-standard as the carpet in several places had stains that were over a foot wide. The floor tiles in the bathroom were stained and cracked. The toilet did not flush consistently. At time we had to go find other bathrooms to use out side of the cabin to use."

My question is this.... because the Zui is due in drydock in December, is it likely that these issues will not be dealt with until then?

Just wondering if maybe I should switch while I can. The idea of not having a working toilet concerns me.

Thanks.

The issue of problem toilets is a movable feast. The toilet in one cabin can be fine one day and broken the next---or the reverse may also be true.

As often as not the problem is caused by someone flushing something they shouldn't have. This causes a clog in the line that affects everyone else on that line.

Sometimes the toilet merely has a delay between pushing the button and the actual flush. That can be a touch aggravating, but I don't call that a "problem".

Changing cabins---even changing ships!---is no guarantee. Just go, roll with the punches, and have a good time.

Don't worry - I'm not gonna drop out of the cruise! :-)

It was really more about me switching rooms on the same cruise so we don't have to stare at ugly stains on the carpet and broken tiles in the bathroom too.

Do they steam-clean the rugs every so often on the ships?

Don't worry - I'm not gonna drop out of the cruise! :-)

It was really more about me switching rooms on the same cruise so we don't have to stare at ugly stains on the carpet and broken tiles in the bathroom too.

Do they steam-clean the rugs every so often on the ships?

I can't answer for the Zuiderdamn but on the other ships we have sailed, we always received a note asking us to allow the carpet to be cleaned.

As far as stains go, not all stains can be removed. We had the same cabin for 3 or 4 cruises,and the same stain was there. First time it was very bad. It looked like someone spilled a bottle of red wine. It was cleaned while we were on board and the cleaning didn't do much good. However each year the stain got lighter. The last time we sailed on that particular ship it was like an on going joke about the stain. When we first entered the cabin we looked for it.:D Sure enough it was still there.

Archived