Seward Train & Major Marine Tour

micruiser12

We want to take the 5 hour Major Marine tour from Seward. Our train gets in at 11:05 and the tour is scheduled to leave at noon with checkin at 11:30 for the tour. We are staying at the Holiday inn Express. Can we send our bags onto the Holiday Inn without us going to the hotel first? Will we have time to take the train and then checkin on time for this tour? If you have done this, did you have any problem going from the train to the tour within the short time I mentioned?

We did this in August. Major Marine met us at the railroad depot and watched our luggage during the tour. We had very little time to make the connection to the tour, so a check-in at Holiday Inn is not an option IMO. We made sure to notify Major Marine the week before so they were aware of the tight connection and the fact that we would miss the 11:30 check-in.

We did this in August. Major Marine met us at the railroad depot and watched our luggage during the tour. We had very little time to make the connection to the tour, so a check-in at Holiday Inn is not an option IMO. We made sure to notify Major Marine the week before so they were aware of the tight connection and the fact that we would miss the 11:30 check-in.

I did the same thing last June, make sure you coordinate with Major Marine and they are aware of the train schedules. You will have to go straight to the boat. I believe the Alaska Railroad took my luggage straight to the hotel and it was waiting for me however I had some carry-on bags and Major Marine watched them.

Major Marine's 12:00pm tour is coordinated to work with the train schedule. When you book your ticket be sure to tell the Major Marine agent you are coming in on the train. They have a free shuttle that can pick you up at the train depot and take you right to their ticket office. Also, they will store your luggage for free during the tour. But if the train will deliver the luggage for you that will be even better! The walk from the Major Marine office to the Holiday Inn Express is only a couple blocks, but if you have trouble carrying your luggage it would be great to have it waiting for you.

Archived