Time zones and ship's time on TAs

SamFritz

So my wife is on Adventure OTS now while I'm at home. When she was in Malaga she was five hours ahead of us. Last night we turned the clock back which would have put her six hours ahead. I'm just trying to figure out what time it is on the ship on any particular day as she sails back east.

So my wife is on Adventure OTS now while I'm at home. When she was in Malaga she was five hours ahead of us. Last night we turned the clock back which would have put her six hours ahead. I'm just trying to figure out what time it is on the ship on any particular day as she sails back east.

You won't know for sure unless she tells you which days they plan to change the time. They will have a number of 25 hour days, usually mid-ocean, and their Cruise Compass will tell them which days they will change the clock. For our TA last year, we changed to New Orleans time 3 or 4 days before we got to New Orleans.

When we went west we added a hour every day at 12noon. So maybe she looses a hour every day (sea days) on the return?

Anyone on Adventure's current TA is mostly sailing west.

Bob

You are correct! I'm not usually geographically challenged, but hey. It's Sunday morning.

No problem, I was confused too after the second response. I was about to edit my post and correct it, but decided to look up the cruise just to be sure.

Bob

Archived