Carnival Legend Late

jkm151

I am glad we suppose to fly on Tuesday . So if we are late coming back and can stay in the cabin would be fine...and we have two connecting. Still concer about today...could departure be delayed till tomorrow? Hard to believe its foggy there since such a nice weather here.

I just checked hotel rates for my friend in case she needs a hotel tonight.

Worst case scenero, The Hampton Rocky Point is at $89 ph# 813-289-6262

and the Tampa Airport LaQuinta is @ $60.00 813-287-0440

Wishing you all good luck.

:)

Could the reschedule departure for tomorrow and tell everyone to get a hotel for tonight?

She just now texted me and said they are moving steady and the fog does seem to be dissipating a bit. She can see the Skyway bridge from her balcony so if they can pass under, it should be about 2 hours or so until they can get to the port in Tampa. So it looks good from her view

point. She did however miss her flight today and had to rebook for tomorrow so she as well as others, I'm sure will be needing a hotel for this evening. I posted the info just in case.

It looks good for you all.

:):)

I'm not a mariner but I'll bet the biggest issue getting under Skyway bridge is the amount of space between the bridge and the top of the ship. There is very little clearance there.

As far as I know, fog has never affected the elevation of ships. :):D

Actually, the narrowness of the channel is the major issue -- and the fact that the channel is not a straight run does not help.

Per email check in 8.30-11pm. So far no changes to itinerary. Another credit $25 per person to compensate dinner. I hope it doesn't mean there are will be no food when get on the ship?

LOL. There might not be dinner in the MDR tonight, but you know there will be plenty of food elsewhere - it's a cruise!

This isn't the first time the port of Tampa has been closed because of very heavy fog nor the last. Unfortunately it won't be the last either this time of year.

It was so thick outside my house this morning I was very thankful I didn't have to drive anywhere. The thickness reminded me of the movie the fog or the mist. It was crazy, them staying out in the gulf was the right decision by the port authorities and Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

We finally made it to the dock. They are calling for non-US citizens right now, shouldn't be too much longer for zones, though you'd think there was a pot of gold at the end of the gangway rainbow the way ppl are pushing, shoving and just generally being rude.

I understand ppl are anxious to get off the ship and on their way, but really... we are all "in the same boat" so to speak. Now would be the time to find and use your patience. Not everyone seems to share my view, unfortunately.

Safe travels to ev1. Oh, and smile! It'll make people wonder what you're up to. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Can't even imagine 3k people at Lido at night fighting for food. I wouldn't care but with two kids ....just wondering

Room Service would be my choice....LOVE their grilled ruebens!!!

Archived